1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Theatre productions in MFL in schools

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Charlington, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Charlington

Charlington New commenter

Hello all,
    We are having an MFL day at the end of term, and it has been proposed that we have a theatre production in the afternoon for the students.

I am looking for a company that does educational theatre shows in German for students, can anyone help?
    We've been in touch with Onatti and Flying Theatre but both are only doing French shows at that time.
    If anyone knows of any other such companies, I would be eternally grateful if you could point me in the right direction!

Many thanks
    Charlington :)

2. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

Where in the UK are you?

3. Charlington

We're in Lancashire.

We're looking for something in German ideally, and the companies I have contacted (Flying Theatre and Onatti) only have French productions at the moment.

4. funambule

funambule New commenter

Why not try contacting the Goethe Institute in Manchester?

5. minka1

minka1 Occasional commenter

Why not try to do a foreign language production yourself along with the kids?

6. The Goethe Institut in Manchester closed down many years ago!
    OtC

7. funambule

funambule New commenter

Not so! This is a recent closure this year- sign of the times.

8. That is very strange! Onatti have come to us a number of times with both German and French plays. They came last year.

9. Charlington

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. It is a shame that the Goethe Institute has closed now iN Manchester, I am sure they would have been able to help!

I had thought about doing something myself, but we only have one day per year group, and due to the way we allocate languages, it would really have to be in German, and we only have three German teachers to go round 150 kids per day!

I'll keep looking, but many thanks for the suggestions.

10. We recentky had a flyer fom onatti and have had them twice come to our school (for Spanish). The flyer definitely showed german as a play option . . . .

11. trinbag

trinbag New commenter

There's a company called Dan Roro Tete a Tete - something like that - I received a flyer the other day, but don't know what they're like

12. Charlington

They do offer German productions, but not at the time when we are looking for a show!

Many thanks to everyone for their suggestions. If we do go ahead with this project, I'll let everyone know who we used and what they were like.