1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The x thread 2011

Discussion in 'Personal' started by she_who_dares, Aug 21, 2011.

1. This morning I woke up with the following link in my inbox - now, the person who sent me this KNOWSI can't abide Liz Jones (she makes my blood boil) but having read this article I still loathe her.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2028413/Whod-thought-wed-miss-Cheryl-Cole-Liz-Joness-verdict-nights-new-X-Factor-line-up.html
    To cut a long story short, she basically implies in two remarks that Gary Barlow is racist. I note with interest that comments are currently turned off...

2. Wonder what we will be treated to tonight?!

3. Predict at least one tragic back story, at least one 'care in the community' character and at least one middle-aged last chancer who blows the audience away...
    Oh, and someone who didn't make the final cut last year is bound to pop up if not tonight then soon, very soon...

4. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I can predict more Simon and Cheryl type behaviour from Gary and Tulisa. Seriously, could the girl do herself up to look any more like Cheryl? She might as well adopt a Geordie accent!

5. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

A couple of dozen people for whom life holds no meaning if they can't get through to boot-camp...
    Someone who can hold a tune but little more, who gets the female judges misty-eyed, and Louis predicting they are destined for superstardom...they'll soar through th bootcamp with great hopes and we'll never hear from them again...(until next year when they'll be the one who returns as ck predicts!)
    And one act who cannot sing two consecutive notes in tune. Possibly foreign? Or with strange hair? Or both. But with great 'entertainment' value and Louis will see 'something' and decide the viewers are gonna love them...they'll go all the way to the live finals but leave before the main final.

6. I wonder how many 'I'm from a poor council house and this is the only way I can succeed so I deserve it' type sob stories we will have tonight?!

7. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I'm sure I read somewhere that they're going to make this series more racy. Should be interesting! [​IMG]

8. They are putting cameras in the bootcamp house etc and trying to get them to sh@g each other.

9. Racy as in.. sexthy?

10. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Yes, that's the one!

11. These little house scenes are really cheesing me off already.
    'I'll do it for me dad.... *insert crocodile tears*...'

13. Loving the first one. :)

14. Loving it? Really?!
    I hated it.

15. Yep.

16. He was fantastic, I had butterflies in my stomach, and a tear in my eye!

17. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I really liked him! Quirky, but a decent singer.
    But I'm getting cynical in my old age. He probably won't make past boot-camp. Other less able singers will 'look right' and be put through.

18. If he was performing in a drag club I would probably be impressed. But to listen to properly was horrid, he had a really odd tone in his voice that grated on me.

19. Yuck at staged marriage proposal.