1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Worlds Wife

Discussion in 'English' started by jengsmith, Mar 16, 2006.

1. hi all, hope you're all well,
    does anybody have any good resources to do with Carol Ann Duffy's poems from the World's Wife book?? i seem to be really struggling teavhing this to me AS students- maybe because of the fact poetry isn't my strength

ta v. much

jjx

2. hi all, hope you're all well,
    does anybody have any good resources to do with Carol Ann Duffy's poems from the World's Wife book?? i seem to be really struggling teavhing this to me AS students- maybe because of the fact poetry isn't my strength

ta v. much

jjx

3. I collected together resources for this in the summer (before I realised that WJEC study the Selected Poems rather than The World's Wife). I'll see what I can find and forward what I have if you leave your email address.

In the mean time a revision powerpoint for World's Wife can be found at:

http://www.southdartmoor.devon.sch.uk/english/duffypowerpoint.ppt

Teachit also seems to have a fairly comprehensive pack of resources available at the link below:

http://www.teachit.co.uk/index.asp?A=2&S=487&M=5&Z=1

4. I have a SOW for the whole collection as well as various links and activities for specific poems. If you let me have an email address I'll send you everything I've got.

5. Hi,

I will be teaching 'The Worlds Wife' after Easter for the first time! If anyone could email me any resources or ideas, it would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks
    x

6. Hi,

Noticed your note on TES re The World's Wife - would you please also email me a copy?

Most grateful!

Scotsmaggie = email.maureen@ntlworld.com

7. I would love one as well. Started teaching and finding it really good!
    ggriffin@hillingdongrid.org

8. Hi,

I am also teaching The World's Wife and would be most grateful if you could forward anything you have to me too?

Thank you very much - will exchange for anything you need?

Scotsmaggie

sullivanm@valeofancholme.n-lincs.sch.uk

9. Hi,
    I too am teaching The World's Wife for the first time. Is there any chance I could have a copy of the resource too? I would be most grateful.
    Thanks,
    Danielle
    danielleamckenna@yahoo.co.uk

10. Hi, I too am teaching The World's Wife for the first time. Is there any chance I could have a copy of the resources too? I'd be most grateful.
    Thanks,
    Danielle
    danielleamckenna@yahoo.co.uk