1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The world really is plagued with thick ******.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Kenmuir1, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Kenmuir1

Kenmuir1 New commenter

Donald Trump
    David Cameron
    A disgusting testimony of how people vote. Are British and American people utterly selfish therefore, or are the two countries simply rotten to the core with a plague of imbeciles.

2. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

By not far short of 2:1, the vast majority of us did not vote for David Cameron, nor his party. But perhaps we are imbeciles for letting him get away with it.

lexus300 likes this.
  3. burajda

burajda Star commenter

At least the Americans can vote for their Head of State and vote him or her out. Us British imbeciles cannot.

4. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

Evidence?

5. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

The head of state in the US wields considerable political power. The head of state in the UK does not. Though sometimes I think that if the imbeciles who infest the House of Expenses Cheats were all thrown in the Tower and replaced by Liz II and a coven of corgis, things could only get better. :p:p:p

6. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Funny enough, as much as I totally disagree with Corbyn, I do feel I would not mind him as PM as you know something would happen and it would be refreshingly (if hopelessly) different. I detest everything Ken Livingstone stands for but he did get things done when mayor of London, for example.

Clinton represents the worst of politics to me and whatever you may or may not think of her, is the same old, same old. I cannot for the life of me understand why people would want that.

And well, they do not. I think what so many on the left and so many obviously on here do not get is people are not necessarily voting for Trump the man but more what he represents - exactly as I point out with Corby, namely something new, weird, dangerous even.

Deep down I see no differences between the Americans and us on this. We are so tired of the same old slightly sleazy, corrupt and self serving career politicians who just do not get anything done except for themselves and the jet set lifestyle. The Clintons epitomize this.

In essence you look at Trump, you look at Clinton (or Cameron, Corbyn) and think, ah man, why not for the hell of it? How bad can it be in comparison?

Erin_Rhys likes this.
  7. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Brilliant observations.

8. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

Evidence that by almost 2:1, we did not vote for David Cheateron and his lousy party? Certainly.
    But don't take my word for it.
    The results of the General Election of 2015 are in the Public Domain. All you have to do is google 'UK General Election 2015' et voilà! (You do speak French, hein?) there they all are.
    You can google, ni pravda li?