1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The work of the evil one?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by giraffe, Dec 27, 2011.

1. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

In my next door neighbour's house the recognised fact is that a group of children only enjoy themselves by shouting randomly and persistently at the top of their voices. They seem not to receive any reminders about calming down or modifying their hollering. They can keep it up for hours.
    Fortunately, only one of the children is hers, and this only happens when her friends bring their kids round to make up a sort of little shouty gang.
    For some strange reason, they have now deemed the volume to be not high enough with unamplified voices and for Christmas, she introduced some sort of machine that lets you shout along with the stars, karaoke-stylee.
    Who on earth invented such an abomination?

Surely the work of the d***l? [​IMG]

2. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Find a children's CD with things like the birdy song etc aim speakers at neigbours house and play on full blast, better still do it tomorrow when they are having a lie in.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Definitely, alongside those tennis racquets with stretched taut surfaces that sound like drums every time a ball strikes them. The scourge of beaches and campsites everywhere.

4. Cervinia

Cervinia Occasional commenter

I'd treat this with the same contempt that I used to treat the (seemingly) occasionally deaf woman in the flat above mine at my previous residence. I assume she was deaf as she could only listen to her particular favourite brand of whiney, screeching 'popular' music at ridiculous levels. The general consensus was that the rhythmic tunes of 80s metal band, Iron Maiden, provided a perfect accompaniment to her music.
    Iron Maiden > screechy pop.
    500w speaker sound system > portable cd player/ipod dock.

Hope this helps.

5. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

A detatched house in a field is the way to go.
    I think you might fit in well here.
    [​IMG]

6. Lurk, are you saying..... yes, you are!! [​IMG]

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Oh, yes, I will, I will, I will....

8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Lurk, am I correct in thinking that is Father Ted's house on Craggy Island?

9. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

That house would be hubby's idea of heaven. He hates neighbours!! [​IMG]