1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The word is tweak.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by seren_dipity, Jan 9, 2011.

1. There are far worse misspellings on here!
    There truely is no explaination for a proffesional who cannot spell definately. (All of those are frequent mistakes by posters on here - 'tweek' is a rare one.)

2. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Oh I don't know.... perhaps they are a carp speller?

3. I didn't get that impression, either.

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I'd worry more about the people who spell incorrectly because they are not at work.

If simple, common spelling takes a conscious effort ... oh my days.

5. Ha! I am losing sleep now though because I have made myself look like a d.ickhead on here. Hoist with my own petard, is the expression I think!

6. Ah but Seren, tweek is becoming more common. I have seen it twice at work recently and at least once on here. So I know I am right.

7. Tweek is a word though ... look it up in the urban dictionary and then question people at work about their intentions [​IMG]

8. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I wonder if we could persuade the powers that be to ban the words truely, explaination, proffesional and definately for the good of the nation?

9. My Dad did come up with voiciferous on Friday, but he is 80 and not a teacher and he didn't write it down, so I didn't say anything.
    Lilac I think the nation would benefit enormously from that idea.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I know, I checked! [​IMG]
    It's got a very, very, VERY long way to go before it catches up with any of my four - they're just a few of the regular misspellings on here that make me gnash my teeth. None of those words are particularly hard to spell!

11. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Oh I'm so sorry.... that was terribly ungracious of me.