1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Wizard of Oz - Performance Rights...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by matt_moo, Mar 18, 2009.

1. As the Subject says, I'm looking to get a copy of The Wizard of Oz script for a KS2 performance in the Summer. Does anybody know where I can get a copy from? And I am fully prepared that we'll need to pay for the performance rights, but I don't know where to obtain them from.
    Any help appreciated.

2. As the Subject says, I'm looking to get a copy of The Wizard of Oz script for a KS2 performance in the Summer. Does anybody know where I can get a copy from? And I am fully prepared that we'll need to pay for the performance rights, but I don't know where to obtain them from.
    Any help appreciated.

3. Thanks, Peekay! Is that for the musical version, do you know?

4. i think so...not sure! let me know if u can't find the site...have the info saved somewhere!

5. I've had a look, and I'm not sure what I'm looking for. It's been a long week... [​IMG]

6. I've had a look, and I'm not sure what I'm looking for. It's been a long week... [​IMG]

7. netmum

netmum New commenter

Musicscope hold the rights to the musical versions of The Wizard of Oz. The Samuel French one is a play only..
    There are two versions, the RSC one and the MUny one. They have slightly different songs.
    They don't seem to have a website, you have to contact them on 01270 617653

8. Thank you netmum! Which is the closest version to the film version? I don't want the one where the Wizard leaves Oz in a spaceship...
    And do you have any idea of how much the rights will cost? x

9. I've just checked and it's the RSC one I want. What are the chances that this is the more expensive of the two?

10. littlerussell

littlerussell New commenter

Not sure about cost, but bear in mind that the licensing terms require you to perform the full script, which is likely to be 2 - 2.5 hours long for the stage musical version.