1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

the wind in the willows

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Wolfblass, Jun 5, 2007.

1. quite fancy the idea of doing some work around this book with my class this half term - anyone got any ideas or resources they are willing to share

2. thanks for those ideas :O)

anyone else?

3. anyone?

4. oh lovely - my brain is finally beginning to work (too much sun i think!). thanks so much for your ideas :O)

5. I'm thinking of going down this route with our Lit for Rivers integrated curriculum. Will keep you posted.

6. please do JT, i would very interested in anything you come up with :O)

7. I've used this book for many years, both for year 3 and 5. I've based my readings on the 'ladybird classic' books (there are usually lots on Ebay). I've worked on playscripts, poetry and most recently creating their own 'chapter' for the book. It's great for Rivers cross curricular and fits in well with Art/D&T ideas. There are also some great songs from 'time and tune'
    http://www.broadcastforschools.co.uk/site/Time_and_Tune/The_Wind_in_the_Willows
    This story is perfect for role play and character/setting immersion.