1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The what would you choose thread.....

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by finday, Jul 23, 2009.

1. freckle06

freckle06 Lead commenter

Healthy food, not that you’d get me on a bike. Giving up crisps and biscuits for lent so reckon I could do super healthy if I needed to.

Winnie the Pooh or Paddington?

2. asnac

asnac Established commenter

Based on the books, Paddington.

Your friends and acquaintances become aware that you are obsessed with, often write to and occasionally stalk: Joanna Lumley (actress and campaigner) or Jamie Vardy (professional footballer)?

3. Rachelmbx

Rachelmbx Star commenter

Joanna Lumley.

Sit for three hours waiting to be seen for a hospital appointment or sit for three hours in soft play, surrounded by shouty children?

4. asnac

Hospital.

Find a large hairy dead venomous spider in your bed or find a large hairy alive non-venomous spider in your bed?

5. Rachelmbx

Rachelmbx Star commenter

The dead one!

Pain au chocolat or almond croissant?

6. asnac

Almond croissant.

A bad beer in a good pub or a good beer in a bad pub?

7. Rachelmbx

Rachelmbx Star commenter

Good beer (there are only bad pubs in my vicinity)

Broken ankle or broken wrist?

8. freckle06

freckle06 Lead commenter

Broken wrist.

Snowdrops or daffodils?

9. Rachelmbx

Rachelmbx Star commenter

Daffodils - Spring is properly on the way when they come out.

Holiday destination - Crete or Sardinia?

10. asnac

Never been to either... I think Sardinia can be a bit baked, and I have been to Italy. So Crete.

Teach PE in the rain to 30 primary kids or find chewing gum in your hair?

11. Rachelmbx

Rachelmbx Star commenter

Chewing gum - my hair's pretty short so I'd just cut it out.

Having to walk miles in the cold wind and rain across muddy fields, without a coat on, to get home after getting caught out by the weather suddenly changing or
    Getting stuck on an overcrowded and overheated train for two hours on your way home from a day trip to London.

12. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Train for two hours

Strawberry Pavlova or rich chocolate ganache cake?

13. asnac

Chocolate. Unless the strawberries were really fresh.

Go to a bed and breakfast in Bournemouth in peak season and eat your bran flakes with knife and fork and your full English with just a spoon, or go to a bed and breakfast in Bournemouth in peak season and have nothing for breakfast, not even tea.

14. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I need breakfast so I'd choose the first option.

Would you rather share a bed with a chronic snorer or chronic farter?

15. asnac

At least with a snorer only one of the senses is disturbed.

Get woken by elderly and confused neighbour at 2am as he needs you to turn off his water and the stopcock is underneath the floorboards, or have a good night's sleep but wake to find the elderly and confused neighbour has keyed the passenger door of your car.

16. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Keyed the car door
    Then I would somehow attempt to put him out of his misery and pray I leave this World before I reach such a sorry state myself (check the emergency bottle of pills are still where I hid them).

Roses round the door cottage amidst rolling hills and a stream at the bottom of the garden (NEVER floods) or majestic city penthouse with balcony overlooking a beautiful wide river?

asnac likes this.
  17. Rachelmbx

Rachelmbx Star commenter

Cottage option.

Spend a day in London with your grumpy teenager (or a grumpy teenager if you haven't one of your own :D) or
    Spend a day in London with your grumpy toddler (ditto)

18. asnac

Grumpy toddler definitely, as a teenager will obstruct at every stage, and a toddler can be dragged or picked up if force is necessary.

Rent out (on a twelve-month contract) the largest bedroom in your house to a glamorous celebrity (well-known for TV appearances and has appeared occasionally on the London stage, and was nominated for a BAFTA a few years ago as well as having written a surprisingly well-received autobiography) who always has glamorous people around to the house and often invites you to sit and chat with them as they eat and gives you occasional tickets to the theatre, but doesn't ever get around to paying rent or his/her share of bills.
    OR
    Don't do that.

19. freckle06

freckle06 Lead commenter

Don’t do that - they might be famous but they’re only a person at the end of the day. Why should they get away without paying their fair share because they’ve pranced about on a stage??

Curling or snowboarding (watch or do - either way)?

20. Rachelmbx

Rachelmbx Star commenter

Curling - I like watching it and I could probably do it, although not well.

White wine or red?