1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The way to a teacher's heart.........

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tolkien28, Oct 20, 2019.

1. tolkien28

tolkien28 Occasional commenter

Was approached by a parent on Thursday who wanted to say thanks to the staff for helping her when she recently lost her car keys and had everyone looking high and low for them....... eventually found in a playground plant tub! Don't ask.
    Anyway she wondered what would be a suitable gift for the staff room......her suggestion was a bunch of flowers. My suggestion was anything edible, chocs, biscuits cake etc based on the fact that everyone's face lights up when such food is laid out in the staffroom at breaktime.
    Cue a shed load of food on Friday, happy staff.

caress, bevdex, vannie and 4 others like this.
  2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Also described as self-harming.

caress likes this.
  3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Well, there is always the option of a selection of bath salts, but eating those is decidedly self-harming.

Some don't like the idea of cut flowers, but a potted plant is good if the Site Agent can be persuaded to water it over the summer holidays.

4. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

What a nice gesture. Definitely go with the edibles. Enjoy.

tolkien28, vannie, Jesmond12 and 4 others like this.
  5. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Not everyone drools over cheap sweet stuff. I certainly don't. However, a couple of tins of Walker's or M&S all-butter shortbread is always nice.

6. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

What a lovely thing to do!

7. tolkien28

Found out today that her car was a top of the range Land Rover. No wonder she was so generous in her sweet treats. I have my suspicions that her toddler had something to do with secreting the keys in the playground planter.

Anyway, all's well that ends well.

8. tolkien28

Yes we did......

9. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

That's the way to a teacher's heart attack.