1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

THE WASTE LAND FIONA SHAW RECORDING

Discussion in 'English' started by elsmithgors, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Dear All -

I am trying to find a recording of Fiona Shaw reading T. S. Eliot's The Waste Land. It was on BBC years and years ago and I've seen a recording of it on Vhs once, but am now unable to find it anywhere. Does any one have access to a copy that they would be happy to make a copy of for our department use? I would be happy to share some resources, if any matched, if wanted.

Many thanks,

Emma

2. Dear All -

I am trying to find a recording of Fiona Shaw reading T. S. Eliot's The Waste Land. It was on BBC years and years ago and I've seen a recording of it on Vhs once, but am now unable to find it anywhere. Does any one have access to a copy that they would be happy to make a copy of for our department use? I would be happy to share some resources, if any matched, if wanted.

Many thanks,

Emma

3. Hi there, Fiona did a further performance of the Waste Land in Wilton's Music Hall in London last Christmas which was filmed and it is to be released but I don't know when. I have a recording (audio only unfortunately) of her BBC performance from years back if you would like it? Hope this helps, Kate

4. I don't know if you are still willing to share it, but I would love to have it. I am working on something that may turn into a kind of TS Eliot book and this could be quite helpful. You can contact me off-list if you wish...

Thanks,

Stephen