1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catmother, Apr 13, 2011.

1. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Excellent show! Shown on Channel 5 on Sundays. First episode is repeated today on 5USA at 23.15. Worth a look if you've missed it on Sunday.

2. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Excellent show! Shown on Channel 5 on Sundays. First episode is repeated today on 5USA at 23.15. Worth a look if you've missed it on Sunday.

3. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

I saw this and quite enjoyed it (when I wasn't looking away when it got a tad gory!). Gonna keep watching I think, maybe Andrew Lincoln's American accent will grow on me lol.

I really enjoyed Dead Set when it was on E4, did you see it?

4. Loved it! Waiting for season 2 to air on FX but rewatching season 1 on C5 in the meantime. I've always found Andrew Lincoln really irritating but he definitely grew on me in this. Loved Dead Set! Zombie overload for me the last couple of days because I watched a couple of Resi films too.

5. Did you hear that they put an advertisement for it opposite a Funeral Director's?

6. Not keen on Andrew Lincoln, but I know I'll keep watching. The horrible takeaway food I was eating almost put me off watching rotten corpses gorge on human flesh though.... it's the last time I'll order Thai food from a CHINESE teakeaway. Yuk. The 'dipping sauce' they gave me was SALAD CREAM. What a disappointment.

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Loved it. Can't wait until Season 2 is out.

8. bubbles40

bubbles40 New commenter

saw it last year when i was in the caribbean and love it . looking forward to season 2 .

9. That was just up the road from me in Consett. I wish I had known before they took it down. I'd have been up there like a shot with my camera.

10. I love a good zombie slasher. 'The Walking Dead' is very good and well acted; we watched it on FX and I am now waiting for the next series, which apparently airs in "the Fall".

11. Ooooh Consett! My grandmother was born there!

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I like the zombies, but only if they are genuinely frightening (a la 28 Days Later). There are some films containing pretty naff, almost boring, zombies.
    I like that too.

13. I'd keep quiet about that if I were you.

14. captain oats

Loved 28 Days Later! Wasn't so keen on 28 Weeks Later though...

15. captain oats

Anybody watching series 2?? I watched tonight's episode online earlier on in the week as I couldn't wait. If you're a fan make sure you watch, it's a cracker!

16. sep2

sep2 New commenter

I'm getting a bit bored with it now I must say. It is all a bit too the same each week. Problem is you do want to know what happens so keep watching, I just have abook or magazine with me so I can 1/2 watch :)

17. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

I don't have Sky,therefore,I have to wait until (if?) it's back on normal tv.

18. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg New commenter

I haven't watched last nights episode yet. I have to watch when it is light. I love it. I also have to have a cushion handy to hide behind.
    Spent the half term reading the books by Mark Tufo on Kindle. Only just found him. Read all of them. Brilliant.
    Found World War Z a couple of months ago. Loved that too. Oh,and how to survive a Zombie attack.
    I now have to take a running jump into bed in case there are any 'draggers' under there.
    Paranoid? (Or mental) I think so.

19. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg New commenter

I seem to kill threads. Please don't say I've killed this one.

20. The second season stopped half way through. Season 2 continues tonight on fx at 10, starting with episode 8.