1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The waiting game

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by SUgar1, Feb 28, 2011.

1. I am expecting a phone call today to let me know whether I have been successful or not in securing a teaching position at an international school.

I am not good at waiting though and cannot stop thinking about it. How do you keep the not knowing from driving you mad?

2. groovybob

groovybob New commenter

ME TOO!
    however my "due date" cam and went and I heard nothing, I made the bold move to Skype the Head and found out that of all the subjects he'd been interviewing for my subject had been delayed due to local hiring laws so th eadvert had only just been put in.
    this meant that a I could stop stressing that the desission date had gone and I had not heard anything.
    I was assured I'd hear either way and am now sat waiting (trying not to check my Email avery 10 minutes) and pipe-dream-planning our new life overseas.
    what school are you waiting on? (you can MP me)
    Ciao
    Groovy

3. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

I hope you guys are still applying elsewhere whilst waiting - indeed, perhaps that what you should be doing instead of twiddling fingers at home.[​IMG]

4. Yes I have applied to other places. Not putting all my eggs in one basket. Still doesn't make the waiting any easier though!