1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Waiting Game

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by isabeldalhousie, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Isn't this a stressful time?! Can I ask anyone out there how long they have had to wait after their interview this year before being offered a post? How do people judge if they have a really good chance or not? Also, were you given a little while before you had to respond to an offer?

2. Isn't this a stressful time?! Can I ask anyone out there how long they have had to wait after their interview this year before being offered a post? How do people judge if they have a really good chance or not? Also, were you given a little while before you had to respond to an offer?

3. I was wondering the same. I had an interview last week and am waiting to hear. I am starting to think that they may have offered the job to someone else and are waiting for a reply first from the other candidate. Perhaps I'm second prize. Or perhaps they are just taking their time [​IMG] 11 For my last job I got an offer immediately the next day!
    Would also like to know how long you have to wait for an answer [​IMG]

4. We've waited three weeks in the past. It was the longest three weeks of my life. A friend has also just been told that she'll have to wait for 10 days. It's not necessarily a bad sign.

5. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

I think it all depends where the school are also interviewing. First interview would have been a month at least (interviews were held on various dates over Christmas). Never heard back in the end. I know some schools want to go to CIS etc or may interview in a few different countries. Have a look and see what you can find out about other dates. That would be a good guide. Good luck.

6. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

All depends. The worst I have found were a certain group of schools in HK.

7. I submitted an app for HK, the closing date was Jan 18th and they said they were interviewing in London from Feb 14th to 18th and if you hadnt heard anything by Feb 28th you are to assume the worst. I still haven't heard anything, but not really expecting to gain an interview as the school I genuinely thought I had a shot at didn't shortlist me!

That's a 6 week wait!

8. I'm waiting to hear whether or not I have got an interview... I'm just so used to the state school system where you apply, you find out in the next 2/3 days whether you have an interview, interview the next week and find out that night whether or not you have the job.
    This is so different! Being patient is hard but I suppose that's the only option...

9. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

Sometimes they tell you at the time, but I guess they all have different needs and objectives. Good luck to you all.