1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The wait is almost over...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gargoyle770, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Spent months dieting, exercising and avoiding alcohol.
    Got my outfit ready.
    Done my legs, nails and had a haircut.
    Got the music sorted.
    Got the jelly babies.
    London Marathon, here I come!

(gulp!)

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Lots of luck and huge, humble wahtsits!
    I take my hat off to you.
    Have fun and well done even getting there! [​IMG]

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Wow - well done gargoyle! You kept that quiet.
    Good luck for tomorrow. I am seriously respectful of anyone who makes such a commitment.

4. Best of luck to you Gargoyle, I am full of admiration for you. What time are you aiming for?

5. Best of luck for tomorrow [​IMG]
    Hope you have a fab day and cross the finish line in one piece! Don't forget to tape up your nipples [​IMG]

6. Keep going, gargy...the last 25 miles are the worse.

7. Thanks for all your good wishes!
    It took me 7 hours to finish (an hour longer than I'd hoped) but I made it [​IMG]
    I knew things were going badly when I was overtaken by a man with a washing machine on his back!

8. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

sorry I had to run! ms Bauble wanted to know when I was coming around to plumb it in....

9. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Congratulations Gar!
    You did it!!!
    You should be totally proud of yourself!

10. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Massive respect, gargoyle. Very, very well done! [​IMG]

11. I completely bow down to your greatness! Seriously, I couldn't do a marathon. Or even a half-marathon. In fact, running for a bus would practically kill me so your achievement is FANTASTIC in my eyes.
    Must be a hell of a buzz to finish it.

12. Have congratulated you elsewhere, Gar, but just in case it gets buried, a massive WELL DONE YOU! x

13. Well done. fantastic job. Is it boring running for 7 hours? I imagine that it is painful? Did you see anyone famous? What was the atmosphere like?

14. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Brilliant! Well done. The most I ever managed was a half marathon, much of which I walked. I take my hat off to you that you did it all. I don't doubt you'll have past a tube station along the way and thought "I can end all this punishment now if I want to" but you kept going despite this.
    Tell us about it. What was it that prompted you to keep going?

15. I am seriously impressed - very well done!

16. Well done! We went down to watch and cheer on - my brother was running - and it was a brilliant atmosphere and I am so impressed that anybody can run a marathon. Very well done indeed!

17. Oh for the freedom of thinking running is important.

18. Jealous much?
    What an achievement to run a marathon. Not only for personal gain but for supporting charity. Powerwalking one was enough for me so I really admire everyone who ran yesterday.

19. Mostly the thought of how I'd ever face everybody who has sponsored me if I didn't make it to the finish.
    It was an amazing experience and one that yesterday I would have been quite happy never to repeat!
    But, today I'm seeing things a little differently - I was a little bit short of my fundraising target (though I'll probably make up the shortfall myself) and it was a pretty pathetic time.
    I can't help wondering if next year I could raise a bit more, run a bit faster...

20. It isn't a pathetic time, it's a great achievement. Well done, you should be pleased with yourself.