1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Victorians

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Elfreda6969, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Will be doing the Victorians with my Y3 class.

Can anyone recommend any themes/resources etc.

Many thanks

2. I'm doing the same with Y4, there's loads of worksheets and powerpoints to give you some ideas in the resources section on here, lots of websites if you search for "victorians primary" on google. Our outcomes are to do with children in Victorian times so that's what we'll be focussing on. Looking forward to the Victorians next term, I've taught the Romans for 3 years running now!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Would be quite good to approach it from the 'Victorian children' perspective. Victoria had 9 children and built Swiss Cottage for them to learn about life with child-sized implements.Try searching for Osborne House -Swiss Cottage . I would have thought they'd have some educational resources.
    Then in the past I've come across lokking at the difference between Poor & Rich Victorians.
    There's masses of resources out there ,may be more a case of finding something at the children's level. In our LA we do Victorians in Y6 & there were masses including a BBC programme, but probably a bit above Y3.

4. I've done the Victorians with my Y5's and will be doing again this autumn. I always show them a few of the horrible history clips to stimulate their interest. Victorian school days is good too; we've all dressed as Victorians and ran the class as a Victorian school room for the morning. Within a reasonable distance there is a Mill with an apprentice house that we've been on a trip too as well.

5. I've done the Victorians with my Y5's and will be doing again this autumn. I always show them a few of the horrible history clips to stimulate their interest. Victorian school days is good too; we've all dressed as Victorians and ran the class as a Victorian school room for the morning. Within a reasonable distance there is a Mill with an apprentice house that we've been on a trip too as well.