1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Victorians - KS1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pownallrc, Oct 29, 2015.

1. pownallrc

pownallrc New commenter

Can anyone help please. I'm trying to come up with fun, interactive ideas to teach KS1 children about the Victorians. I prefer hands on lessons rather than sit down worksheets and coming up completely blank. Has anyone taught this topic and prepared to share their ideas/planning to help get me started? I need about 6 lesson. Many Thanks in anticiption.

2. toty

toty New commenter

3. Trekkie

Trekkie Occasional commenter

I created QR codes (inside Victorian frames!) to use with our iPads. The children researched toys and games, schools, children at work, rich and poor etc. BBC Primary History has lots of info.

4. pprose

pprose New commenter

Hamilton trust is brimming with creative ideas!

5. JU3fromLeics

JU3fromLeics Occasional commenter

Which year group are you teaching?
    I have a seaside resource which is KS1 and includes Victorians
    and a range of KS2 Victorian resources which would also suit Y2

If you are interested follow the link below...

www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/JU3fromLeics

6. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

This has an illustrated vocabulary page https://.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6049253
    You can also search TES resources for my 'Victorian children - activity book'. I know you said you didn't want worksheets etc. but if you have some youngsters who need a specific task these might suit.

7. Aimeewaller

Aimeewaller New commenter

Please tell me how I could set this up sounds like a super idea!