1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The usual Edexcel queries...

Discussion in 'Music' started by Shivvyshoes, May 2, 2011.

1. So, here I am scratching my head as usual and deliberating for hours over every mark. Given that there's a Rock School Grade 3 drum kit piece on the Edexcel website as an example of a Standard difficulty, am I safe enough to assume that a Grade 4 piece falls into more difficult? Or is it a case of argue it on a piece by piece basis? I think I've just answered my own question there...And "On my own" from Les Mis - still more difficult? It always used to be! And is anyone else finding marking performances out of 30 looks and feels different from last year? I seem to be finding that the Competent band is taking quite a big hit but then when I look at the overall mark it seems to be lower than I would expect on just an impression mark...

Ho hum, any musings gratefully appreciated on this fine Bank Holiday!

2. So, here I am scratching my head as usual and deliberating for hours over every mark. Given that there's a Rock School Grade 3 drum kit piece on the Edexcel website as an example of a Standard difficulty, am I safe enough to assume that a Grade 4 piece falls into more difficult? Or is it a case of argue it on a piece by piece basis? I think I've just answered my own question there...And "On my own" from Les Mis - still more difficult? It always used to be! And is anyone else finding marking performances out of 30 looks and feels different from last year? I seem to be finding that the Competent band is taking quite a big hit but then when I look at the overall mark it seems to be lower than I would expect on just an impression mark...

Ho hum, any musings gratefully appreciated on this fine Bank Holiday!