1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The University with a vocabulary problem...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TheoGriff, May 29, 2020.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

This Spanish university wished to inform students that the exams would take place online, using a word beginning "tele" to mean "at a distance".

Unfortunately they chose to tell students that exams would take place via telepathy.

Screenshot_20200529-095300_Twitter.jpg

2. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

3. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

I have known many cases where students said they knew the information, but couldn't quite get it onto the paper in the exam. This seems a very sensible approach for such an occasion...

4. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

I wonder, is it possible to mistake schizophrenia for telepathy? I hear you ask.

5. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

Who'd mind a test like that?

TheoGriff and agathamorse like this.
  6. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

I'd write my comment but I'm sending it out to you all instead.

7. Dodros

Dodros Star commenter

"Telepaticámente" (telepathically) seems to get confused a bit with "telematicámente" (via electronic communications) in Spanish government circles too. Here's an article from El Mundo, the daily newspaper with the second largest circulation in Spain:

Justicia incluye la 'telepatía' como vía para tramitar los expedientes de nacionalidad

El Ministerio de Justicia ha incorporado la "telepatía" como vía para la tramitación de los expedientes de nacionalidad en el Registro Civil, según consta por error en el borrador del anteproyecto de Ley de Reforma Integral de los Registros que ha realizado el departamento que dirige Alberto Ruiz-Gallardón.
    https://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2013/03/30/espana/1364644490.html

According to the article, the Ministry of Justice in Spain will accept documentary evidence sent by telepathy in support of applications for Spanish citizenship.

agathamorse, TheoGriff and sbkrobson like this.
  8. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

No need to be so graphic!

:eek:

9. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Love it :)

agathamorse and TheoGriff like this.