1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The unexpected lovely gift thread

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Phoebe Beeberbe, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Inspired by HWL and subsequent offers of gifting - FAB IDEA!!

Who can remember those chain letters that went round for a while where you sent a (new, obviously) pair of knickers to someone and then added your name to the list.

WELL - here's an idea. Obviously there is an element of risk involved in giving out addresses so people may not be up for it. BUT for any who are...

You post your email address on this thread if you would like a little present (nice things only) the next person emails you (or I am happy to start it off and email the first one to respond). We will exchange sufficient emails to convince one another of trust worthiness. I will then choose you a little pressy and post it to you.

You then send a pressy to someone else...

You have to say who you are sending a pressy to and they aren't allowed more than one to start with.

So - who would like a nice present to cheer them up?

First come, first served.

2. Inspired by HWL and subsequent offers of gifting - FAB IDEA!!

Who can remember those chain letters that went round for a while where you sent a (new, obviously) pair of knickers to someone and then added your name to the list.

WELL - here's an idea. Obviously there is an element of risk involved in giving out addresses so people may not be up for it. BUT for any who are...

You post your email address on this thread if you would like a little present (nice things only) the next person emails you (or I am happy to start it off and email the first one to respond). We will exchange sufficient emails to convince one another of trust worthiness. I will then choose you a little pressy and post it to you.

You then send a pressy to someone else...

You have to say who you are sending a pressy to and they aren't allowed more than one to start with.

So - who would like a nice present to cheer them up?

First come, first served.

3. Right! That's a lovely gift sorted out for HWL. Maybe... (don't want to spoil the surprise TOO much!).

Now - is anyone else going to request a nice present?

Technically it would be HWL who should send one but lets see if we have any takers!

4. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Now, this is a very sweet idea, and I don't really like to pour cold water on it... however. It might be difficult to give gifts to strangers which will actually please them, e.g. I would love some chocolate kittens, but I would hate one of those nylon scrunchies for the shower!

5. Maybe you could pass on the nylon scrunchies for the shower on to the next person and they would love it?!?

6. Lardy

Perhaps you cd let your 'present buyer' know a few little things you might like?

Otherwise you may well end up with free biros from Oxfam

7. Yes - there is nothing to stop the giftee from telling the gifter the kind of things they like. After all - this is a present that you REQUEST.

I'm going into town tomorrow and am really looking forward to finding something nice for HWL.

HWL - technically you now need to email Peatles and send her something as she is next on the list...

8. CJL

CJL New commenter

You might need a price guideline to keep things fair.

It does sound like a lovely idea....neatly wrapped now ladies...the opening is such fun!

9. And like earnie says - you could always just pass the same present round and round - just enjoy opening it - then pass it on.

Like the chocolate biscuit factory in Bagpuss when it was the same biscuit going round and round...

Or you could do a bit of sleuthing on here and see if they had dropped any hints about the kind of thing they might like!

10. phoebe, you'll be wrapping up a lot of men, chocolate and wine!

11. No - I'll just wrap one - the other people have to keep the thread going - so HWL needs to send one to Peatles and then Peatles needs to send one to the next person to request a present!

So I'll just have to choose which of the three to send to HWL!

Are you going to join the list for a present, flutter? Peatles needs to contnue the chain!

12. Hurrah!

So - to confirm

I will send a present to HWL
    HWL needs to send one to Peatles
    Peatles needs to send one to Flutter

Flutter needs to keep an eye on the thread to see who to send a present to!

Don't forget - you need to email the person you are sending to, just to confirm that it's ok and they are happy to give out address etc.

OOh! It's like early Christmas and we are all elves. OOPS! Sorry - of course it is NOT anywhere NEAR Christmas and this is just for cheering up purposes.

13. Peatles

You have mail :eek:)

14. Who sends Phoebe a gift??

15. Hello, I hAve had an e mail from HWL. But I sent one to jelliebean as as I read the messages they were next on the list and not flutter, so I think jelliebean will send one to flutter. Am I correct? Will buy a gift today ready to post tomorrow and will check this thread again later to make sure I do it right!

16. Eek! I think Jellybean was on another thread.

Which is NOT to say you shouldn't a send her a present. BUT bfore you do, check that she is up for sending a present to Flutter or poor Flutter misses out!

(Hint - Flutter would NOT like a nylon bath scrunchie)

Jellybean are you there?? If so - do post on here to say whether you'd like to jojn in - Peatles, maybe you could mail her again and ask her?

Then Jellybean can send a pressy to Flutter...

Flutter needs someone to send to now!!

Come on - who else would like to get a nice present? I think you can trust the people on here to send something nice... Cheer yourself up and spread some happy present giving / recieving around the TESers of the world!