1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Unexpected Lovely Book Thread

Discussion in 'English' started by hepburn22, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Hi and welcome Bluedancingcat (great username!)

I will email you in a 'mo for your postal address. You wait until the next person signs up and do the same thing. It's a good idea to keep this thread in your hotlist so you can access it easily to keep checking.

2. suzychoosy

suzychoosy New commenter

Sorry, was away, don't recall getting email. Now I am suffering from pre- traumatic stress disorder before new term; can't see me getting round to organising this as well.
    Sorry to be such a wimp!

3. I think it sorted itself out Suzy, so don't worry!

4. hey everyone, can i sign up please xx

5. UP.......

6. Hi Jelliebean!

If you post your email address up here then I'll send you an email for your postal address and send you a book. Any preference for genre/subject matter?

7. Bluedancingcat, I was supposed to send to you! Oops, naughty me on my own thread - not playing the game properly. Will sort asap! x

8. Thanks Hepburn, that'll be me.

Too many email addesses, gets confusing!

Looking forward to my pressie though. Thanks!

9. Hope it arrives soon!

Wow, this thread has made the front page of the site as a 'hot topic'

10. Got my books, thanks! Now just need some time to read them. Roll on half term...!

11. As you can see, the post has rather faded into oblivion. However, it is my turn to send on some lovely books so if you fancy one, please post your email up and I will be in touch.

12. cherryaimless

cherryaimless New commenter

kirrincottage@yahoo.co.uk

I'm up for a book.

And if you (meaning a "you" other than bluedancingcat) post your email address after me, it'll be my turn to send a book!

13. So glad this is still going - took part in this a few times before. If I remember rightly I post my email and the person before me sends me a book, then I send the person after me a book...! Correct me if i'm wrong please!
    I like fiction and non-fiction - not too keen on horror or sci-fi!
    my email is queenie.81@hotmail.co.uk
    Thanks
    x

14. didn't get your email! Please do! x

15. Book's in the post, Cherry!

16. Love this idea.
    I like a lot of stuff really, but not horror or grusome stories!! Sci-fi / books like ones by Jodi Picouli (but don't send me any of hers cos have got most of them already!) or along the lines of The Times Traveller's Wife.
    veealfred@gmail.com
    looking forward to receving / sending a book!

17. All this makes me smile.
    Glad you liked the book and am very jealous you have a swing seat. Lovely!

18. cherryaimless

Up! Up! UP!

19. cherryaimless

20. this is an amazing thread that I took part in years ago...could we get it restarted????