1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The ultimate pair of jeans

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Well, have you found them?
    After trying on goodness knows how many this morning, I have given up hope (again) of ever finding a pair that fit exactly as they should.

2. Well, have you found them?
    After trying on goodness knows how many this morning, I have given up hope (again) of ever finding a pair that fit exactly as they should.

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

No such thing with jeans.
    Wearers either look as if their legs and backside have been sprayed with denim-coloured paint or they resemble a sack of spanners.

4. Promod do nice fitting jeans for women.

5. I have given up hope of ever finding a perfect pair of jeans. I truly despair.
    I have a really lovely pair of jeans out of fatface. They were so comfortable, when I tried them on, but they do that to trick you.
    They are size16, and when I put them on at first, they fit perfectly. Within half an hour they are failling down, and I can actually take them down without undoing the button or zip, even a belt won't keep them up.
    Obviously they are too big, but I really doubt the smaller size would fit.
    I also have a couple of pairs of size 16 jeans from other places, which are also too big, but I doubt smaller sizes would fit.
    I rarely wear anything other than jeans, and am so fed up of feeling uncomfortable.
    It is actually driving me to despair :s

6. I had a pair once! But, when they come apart at the thighs you really can't continue to wear them! They were New Look petite (they don't do the same style anymore and they no longer do petite).

7. I had the perfect pair of jeans once. Perfect fit, perfect length and perfect colour.
    I wore them so much they eventually wore through [​IMG]

8. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I guess we are all different shapes but the best average priced jeans i have found in the past couple years for me are Red Herring Petite. I have always wondered whether the expensive jeans i see in magazines would actually turn out to be worth the money, I am thinking of the ones between £100-200 although i can't imagine ever spending that much on a pair. A perfectly fitting pair of jeans is a wonderful feeling.

9. Gap Curvy fit me perfectly. Discovered them a few weeks ago and will be stocking up once my diet comes to fruition (will always be curvy, even several stone lighter!).

10. Doglover, I understand perfectly. I have jeans that I can pull up and down without undoing them yet the smaller size doesn't fit. I bought a pair from M&S Per Una and they seem to be okay - ish although I find myself tugging them upwards from time to time but at least I have to unzip them to get them off. Can't wear a belt which is probably the obvious solution - too podgy round the middle!

11. Plymouth Maid, like the sound of those but have just looked at Debenhams and can't find any (Red Herring petite). Do they still do them?

12. Oh to be able to fit into petite jeans :p

13. Oh to be able to fit into regular jeans!

14. I have a pair of M&S Per Una and they are the best fit I have found in a long while.
    I think I am just a weird shape - I am not tiny height wise but I have a petite frame - but I have curves too [​IMG]
    With most jeans I have that horrible gap or bunching up of material at the small of the back - it drives me mad.
    I need low cut waist but then they are often too baggy around the thighs.
    God, what a stupid invention jeans are.

15. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

'Petite' is a bit of a misnomer really - in my case they should be called 'short ****' jeans as i am only 5' 3" but except for my ankles and wrists, there is nothing petite about me these days.

16. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

I've had them. Deisel £100, we were barely apart for 5 years and very happy together, alas they finally gave out at the seams, and i've been searching for a replacement pair ever since. No other pair since have lived up to these beauties, they say you always have a special place in your heart for your first. (However they now live on as cut off hot pants :).

I recommend trying expensive pairs as you get your money's worth in the end, and they hold their good shape.

17. annie2010

annie2010 Occasional commenter

As someone who is definitely'petite', being only 5' tall and a skinny size 8, I find good old M and S the best fitting jeans. They even do different colours-not just classic denim blue.

18. I did once have a pair. I was 21 and had a pair of Levis 501s. They fitted like a glove. Until they dissolved from wear and dropped off my a.rse.
    I have tried Levis since - either my shape has changed (well, after two kids and at my age, of course) or they changed the cut.

19. I stock up on M&S when home - but I am not home that often.
    And my Per Una have died a death - they are ready for the clothes bin [​IMG]

20. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I have Gap "long and lean" (or something) they fit nicely, the first pair of jeans that actually fit my height!