1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Tutors' Association - anyone use it?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by gs1111, Jul 16, 2020.

1. gs1111

gs1111 New commenter

Hi guys,

I am thinking of signing up to the TTA. I have read about the benefits and was wondering whether anyone has signed up......

Is the community of tutors helpful? Is the forum full of discussions and interaction between tutors?

Thank you for any help,
    G

2. cwilson1983

cwilson1983 Occasional commenter

Jolly_Roger15 likes this.
  3. gainly

gainly Star commenter

Why don't people have a look at existing threads before starting a new thread? The existing thread is only just below this.

suzette and cwilson1983 like this.
  4. gs1111

gs1111 New commenter

Because the other thread went off topic. Get off my back and go do something productive....keyboard warriors out here LOL

5. suzette

suzette Occasional commenter

Err...the previous topic did briefly go off the subject, but it did actually answer your question; which is about the TTA.

Honestly the people that usually respond to newcomers and their queries are merely trying to say that the question has been answered before, in other words; if it is not a new or original question, it does get a bit tiresome going over the same things again. (Eg: The stock question to be asked by newcomers is: I'm thinking of being a tutor, how do I go about doing it?) There are so many posts about this, dating back some years, but then someone new will not look at previous posts about their query and then perhaps may not know why they don't get an answer or much of a response to it.

Also one of the rules on the TES Private Tutors forum is that you're not allowed to directly mention organisations, tutoring companies (as you have on this post and it is mentioned on the previous post) as it is seen as you promoting them (which is not allowed on here). So that could also be the reason why people may not respond to it as they don't want to break the rules.

But generally we're all really friendly on here. But everyone has their limit of having to repeat themselves on here all the time. Just saying. :)

cwilson1983 likes this.
  6. bramblesarah

bramblesarah Occasional commenter

Wow that's really not the way to get help....I am afraid I won't be as polite as other people. Don't like our answers f*** off!
    Everyone on here have been so helpful lovely to me and other tutors especially considering we are all running businesses and are actually helping our competitors by answering their questions.

cwilson1983, adamcreen and suzette like this.
  7. gs1111

gs1111 New commenter

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2020