1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Trinity and sign of the cross.

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Mat77, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Mat77

Mat77 New commenter

Hi,

As the (relatively new) RE co-ordinator at our school, the HT has asked me to think of ways for teachers to routinely promote/make reference to the Trinity as part of class based collective worship. Apart from suggesting people finish with 'In the name of....' I'm a little short of ideas. I'm also not sure how comfortable everyone would be with actually making the sign of the cross as part of this - we are a C of E school (high church) but I know some of the staff view this as more of a Catholic tradition while others who are not practising Christians might not want to do this.

We do say Grace during our whole school collective worship so we could just use this, but I thought it was worth asking in case anyone has bight ideas.

Thanks

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I have been thinking about this for a week now, and I still haven't got any half-decent ideas to offer.

3. Maz86

Maz86 New commenter

You could use images of the baptism of Jesus - quite a good way of demonstrating the trinity

4. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

There are plenty of ways to illustrate/demonstrate the trinity, but the OP specified make reference to the trinity as a part of class-based collective worship.

5. Maz86

Maz86 New commenter

Yeah, you could use the baptism text and an image... Just a thought ;)

6. DrJay

DrJay Occasional commenter

Except yours is not a state funded school, how is this not a violation of children's rights to religious freedom and parental right to educate their children in conformity with their religious and philosophical conviction? Are exemption strategies in place for those not willing to participate in this? Just curious to know.