1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Trial by Steven Berkoff

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Lynz2512, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Has anyone got an easily accessible synopsis of The Trial by Steven Berkoff? I have googled it and am only get quite complicated word responses.
    Cheers in advance

2. Has anyone got an easily accessible synopsis of The Trial by Steven Berkoff? I have googled it and am only get quite complicated word responses.
    Cheers in advance

3. If you google 'Blackeyed theatre' you can download their Education Pack for the Trial...bound to be a synopsis there.
    (An excellent company BTW!)

4. There's a BRILLIANT version of the Trial available from Splendid Productions here ;

http://www.splendidproductions.co.uk/productions/the_trial.php

They work in a loosely Brechtian style and the adaptations of scripts are perfect for school work. I'm directing The Trial at the moment for the Edexcel AS Unit 2 production with a cast of 7 and the students love it.I can also recommend their workshops too. A marvellous company all round whose work is great fun and makes classic texts really accessible!
    Good luck with the Trial!
    FT.