1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The time has come...

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by bigbev, Jan 18, 2016.

1. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

I am sad to say oh great collected to leave teaching. It is no joy any more and list/data obsessed. If you are not a robot your no good
    BB

2. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

Cheers for that...... If there was ever a post that advocated pre-moderation of new members then this one is it.

3. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

And with comments like yours this is the reason why I no longer post on here.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bev!

How many years have we known each other? How sad for it to all end like this . . .

What else can I say? I do hope that you find something satisfying to do from the end of term. The end of your teaching life . . .

How sad.

Best wishes for the future

marlin and johnberyl like this.
  5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh bigbev, so sad to hear this news. ( I remember your name and posts on Jobseekers too.)

I mourn the passing of yet another teacher, who I believe personifies what good teaching ought to be about.

Another one who has had to bow to data/ list obsession and has become a victim themselves.

I honestly do fear for the future of this great profession. [​IMG]

marlin and johnberyl like this.
  6. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

So sorry you have finally had to say goodbye Bev and the job isn't what it was. @DYNAMO67 not nice. Big Bev has been a contributor for a long time and has gone through a hard fight with work.
    Big Bev there is life after teaching, I love my non teaching job now. You will wonder why you spent so long fighting and learn to live again. Good luck and take care.x

notsonorthernlass and marlin like this.
  7. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

Thank you Lara and Mary...it is a sad sad day ...Mary I may need to pick your brains privately re new careers...haven't got my head round the replacement to private message
    BB

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Wishing you all the best @bigbev in whatever direction you choose to take from this point.

Click on @marymoocow 's avatar and you'll see 'start a conversation' on the pop up.

upload_2016-1-19_12-20-55.png

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  9. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  10. burntoutteacher

burntoutteacher Occasional commenter

Couldn't agree more. If you enjoy being a mindless drone, go into teaching.