1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Tempest and Ariel as Shakespeare might have created him circa 2017

Discussion in 'English' started by AndrewvanZyl, Jun 15, 2017.

1. AndrewvanZyl

AndrewvanZyl New commenter

Dear English Teachers

If Shakespeare were alive today, what technologies would he be exploring? Enjoy this short excerpt from the new RSC production of The Tempest and then watch the technology that made it possible. (I thought this might make for some interesting discussions about whether technology enhances or overpowers drama-or turns it into a movie, where it may become something else entirely?)

Enjoy, Andrew

Published on Jun 13, 2017
    Simon Russell Beale plays Prospero and Mark Quartley plays Ariel in our 2016 production, directed by Gregory Doran for the Swan Theatre. With Intel and in association with The Imaginarium Studios.

Published on Nov 28, 2016
    Go on a journey with The Royal Shakespeare Company to Stratford-upon-Avon, home of William Shakespeare, on the 400 year anniversary of his death—and experience The Tempest as never before. Intel, @theRSC, and @imaginariumstudiosUK are bringing live performance capture to theatre for the first time ever and the results are amazing

2. Off to S-U-A this summer - can't wait! :)

3. readaholic

readaholic New commenter

I live-streamed this into my classroom and it was fantastic!