1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Syndicate (BBC One)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by captain oats, Apr 4, 2012.

1. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

Has anybody been watching this? It's on Tuesdays at 9pm on BBC 1. Thoughts? I've been gripped so far!

2. captain oats

Has anybody been watching this? It's on Tuesdays at 9pm on BBC 1. Thoughts? I've been gripped so far!

3. Can imagine it'll end with them all being miserable ! But yes enjoying it !

4. I'm really enjoying it. I always like Kay Mellor's stuff, even if it is rather predictable :)
    I wanted to keep the dog!
    Tess

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Very good so far. I really enjoyed last night's episode.

6. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Oh no I've missed this again. Really don't want to watch it on iplayer - any chance it is repeated during the week so that I can catch up with at least the 2nd episode?

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

It's on again tonight at 23.35.

8. I knew you'd be watching this catmother! ;-)
    I loved it - especially the wee dog and the bit where Denise tells her mum that she's cancelled her planned plastic surgery and her mum grasps her hand and says 'you're lovely'. And she is.
    I had a little sniff there. :'-)
    p.s. Am sure the lovely dog rescue home man (who must be related to Martin Clunes, surely?) will end up getting together with Denise. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

9. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Well,I do watch just about anything! Did you see,Once upon a time on Sunday? I really liked it.

10. Dammit - I forgot! Knew there was something I meant to do (told you I was hopeless).
    You are clearly a very selective viewer. We like the same things. ;-)

11. catmother

catmother Star commenter

12. You are a genius! Thanks so much for that. :)
    That's my viewing pleasure sorted for tomorrow then.

13. captain oats

I loved this bit too, was also internally cheering when she told her husband he couldn't get any of her money!

14. Me too!!!!
    :)

15. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Loved the pretty woman moment,when the nice shop assistant helps them and the nasty one realises that they are spending thousands of pounds. Who else would just love doing that?

16. That's my absolute favourite scene in Pretty Woman. Especially when she pops into the shop who spurned her: 'you work on commission, right? Big mistake. Huge! I have to go shopping now...' :-D
    That was such a great scene last night. I want to watch it all again!

17. joli2

joli2 New commenter

It was great wasn't it? I can't wait until next Tuesday.

18. Absolutely love it- Characters are very likeable- especially Denise - really felt for her! I am loving the Beeb at the moment with their recent dramas, Syndicate, Inside Men, Prisoner's Wives.... Long may it continue!

19. I love this show Im desperate for her to get with the dog rescue man to.

20. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I think that will just be left in the air for us to imagine as part of her happier future. I guess we've got to find out about the back stories of the other characters. It is good isn't it - I think the lad with the spendthrift partner was so desperate in the first episode, totally convincing and heartbreaking because she's trouble.