1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Super-Top-Secret World Domination Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Bethannie, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

So....I thought the time for World Domination is coming ever closer....after all we are pretty much dominating the banning thread these days!.....so the time has come to give World Domination its own thread! (And maybe allow the banning thread to simply be a banning thread!)
    For those who come to join us here.....welcome!.....here is a brief summary...
    The world cannot go on as it is....therefore boxy and I have graciously decided to take full control. I will govern the Northern Hemisphere and boxy the Southern.
    Understandably, there is much work that will need to be done....I have already started gathering minions....Spurklepag has remained devotedly loyal from the start and Ginny is a devious little miss who will progress far in the New Worl Order....I am hopeful that Kittylion, Giraffe, Oldie and Wera are my minions too!
    Boxy has stated quite clearly she doesn't want minions (the truth is a lowlife like boxy can barely control her so-called pets which are all my secret minions anyway)...so any newbies come and join me!....I have excellent incentive bonus packages....just ask Ginny!
    So....Spurkly....my little one.....perhaps you could ket me know how the plan to supply me with biscuits is proceding?
    (I am rather hoping that boxy might not discover this thread and we can all plot in peace!)

2. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Bethy I will happily be your partner in crime but not your minion! I'm all for world domination.
    I think the first thing to do is to gather supplies. Start with chocolate, crisps, cake and biscuits.

3. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Dozy! Welcome...I was hoping you might be lured here!
    Let me explain a few things....you have not been on the banning thread, so are not awarte of the basics....
    Too many cooks spoil the broth....we can't all be world-leaders!
    However.....if you joined me as my minion...and something dreadful were to happen to boxy....a nasty, unfortunate and extremely fatal accident you understand.....then the position of co-worl-leader would become vacant!
    You could control the whole of the Southern Hemisphere! And if you let me have Singapore for my Souther Home then I will allow you your choice of Northern Country as your Northern Home.....In fact, why not choose one now!
    I know that SpurklePag has her greedy eye on Italy....but if that is where your tastes lie then we will see what we can do!....For myself, I am rather hoping to keep all German-Speaking Countries to myself!....Oh and the USA and Canada are currently not on the table...I need to control them because they have all the good TV and I am planning on making some essential new rules (certain shows will become semi-naked and run twice daily!)
    Your plan on stockpiling chocolate is good....and coffee!....Although the Northern Hemisphere has a few supplies, most cocoa and coffee comes from boxy's half of the world.....or what may well bacome yours! We need to keep supplies up until the 'accident'!

4. Ha Ha! Although I suppose this is too serious a matter to joke about.
    Bethy, I would join you but, like Dozy, do not want to be a minion so I may have to emigrate South. I will wait and observe from the sidelines whilst having a little snack with Dozy - pass the Pringles please![​IMG]

5. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

palestpink....good to see you...and may I say what a charming avatar you have!
    There is no need for you to emigrate South...become my 'minion' and I will let you have somewhere nice and warm all for yourself...do you fancy Spain?
    Once we have dealt with the little matter of boxy, then there will be that tempting co-leader position available....it would go to someone dedicated to me! (I am happy for you and Dozy to share it if you like!)
    What Pringles are on offer?...is it the Sour Cream ones....I like them!....SpurklePag is devoted to me and sends me cake! (The last lot - actually the first and only batch so far -unaccountably exploded!....I sometimes doubt her devotion....and her competence!)
    (Setting up this thread whilst boxy is asleep was a work of genius....I'll get all the newbies on my side before she realises the thread exists!)

6. Greetings Potential Great Leader, I will willingly hand over some Pringles - have several sour cream ones, I will eat the salt and vinegar ones.
    I would be very happy with Spain - although I would like a little corner - France, Spain, Portugal.BUT I think I need to continue stocktaking the provisions until Annie comes up with an offer.
    Just a thought - is the N Pole taken as that could be strategic at Christmas time?
    I do need a floral spot though as I could not live without scented flowers! (hence the delicate but smelly sweetpea!) I suppose I coud be useful in a sensual attack using strongly scented roses to knock out the oposition.
    I am off to France for a while so may plot from there.
    HHHHMMMMMM ! Were you democratically elected Bethy?

7. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Palest-pink.....my newest minion (but not a mere minion for long!)....France is certainly negotiable - althopugh we may need to talk about Elsass-Lothringen (Currently called Alsasce-Lorraine!).....my dear old Mum would be thrilled if I could 'reclaim' that for her!...I could possibly mange France and Spain.....Portugal under negotiation....assuming you sign up under my flag!
    Your point about the North Pole is valid. And you will be pleased to know it is clearly in the Northern Hemisphere! Christmas belongs to <strike>me</strike> us! Mwah hah hah hah!....I have to say I am impressed with your clear tactical thinking....you will clearly go far!
    And you are already looking at sneaky ways to oust the opposition! I think I could work with you!
    'democratically elected' .....democracy is highly over-rated don't you think...I see myself more as a benign and loving dictator!

8. dozymare1957

Bethie, I have to admit that, as I forgot to add this to my hotlist, I am not worthy of being a leader and I submit to becoming your minion. All hail Bethannie!
    Believe it or not, my country of choice would be England. I love it. I'm not even English but it has been my home for so long that I have no desire to live anywhere else. Having said that, there is a little spot in America that I would love to own - Walt Disney World. My heart throb is Mickey Mouse. When I met him in WDW a few years ago he said he would marry me but Minnie wouldn't let him. Maybe when you succeed in world domination, Minnie could have a little accident and leave Mickey free for me? She doesn't even live with him. She's such a dog in the manger!
    I'd also like to own a little part of Germany so that I can get some of the wonderful bread and cakes.
    Hail dictatorship!
    [​IMG]

9. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Dozy! I am delighted to accept you as my minion!
    Don't worry about not being English.....I'm not English either! (Purely out of interest...what nationality are you?)
    As of yet, no minion has requested England....so you may have first dibs!....I'm not certain about Germany - I rather wanted Germany myself...but will happily set up a trade agreement with you....Walt Disney World is certainly available....and Mickey Mouse will be yours! ...Rather than arrange an 'accident' for Minnie would it maybe be more fun for you to keep her as a 'pet' in a cage with a wheel and force her to watch you and Mickey living together in bliss?

10. HMMMMM! I confess to some uneasiness and I have yet to identify why!
    I am definitely interested in the North Pole- strategic for all sorts of reasons and penguin free but with huskies and reindeer,
    Dozy - get a grip! I fear you have been seduced with<strike> false promises</strike> exciting offers.
    I do not believe Bethy is benign, I fear she may be ruthless and keep Micky to herself.
    When is Annie/Boxy? (I note Bethy is using a lower case initial letter for her name,I find that sinister) I hope she wakes up before I push off to assess the French situation.
    Anyway, I'm investigating ways of using floral scents to calm and soothe troubled leaders/minions.
    PP
    Always suspicious and looking for a conspiracy theory!

11. For Dozy's food pile!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. dozymare1957

PP I am soooooooooooo excited by this. All other thoughts have left my head!
    I will have to go back and read the last two posts again as I've totally forgotten what was said!

13. dozymare1957

I'm Irish. I've lived in England since I was seven but hold an Irish passport. Don't ask!
    I don't want all of Germany - just a bakery or two! Maybe we could arrange to extend the Channel Tunnel?
    Caged mice do not smell very nice.
    On reflection, maybe I don't want to marry Mickey. He's been single for too long and would probably be really difficult to train.

14. dozymare1957

Did you mean where?
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! (looks around to make sure nobody is listening) I suspect that Bethannie is having an extra large slow-cooker manufactured as we speak. I think it's best to be on her side, don't you?
    Great idea to take the North Pole - Santa is my second favourite man in the world after Mickey!

15. Hello!
    I am just thinking I may like to be neutral like Switzerland and hand out advice [​IMG]
    I could be the reasonable face of world domination.
    Dozy - tred carefully, I fear you are easily excited[​IMG]
    PP
    Taking time to assess a situation.

16. Ah! Dozy - good thinking, we may need<strike> a</strike> <strike>top secret meeting place </strike>to check the cake/choc/sweetie cupboard soon.

17. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Dozy....be wary around palestpink....
    firstly ....I notice she complained that I use a lower-case initial for boxy....and yet she uses lowercase for her own name!
    secondly....she is now angling for Switzerland - I specifically said that I want all german speaking countries!....and also I suspect she has chosen Switzerland because they make chocolate! Palestpink is clearly planning to control the chocolate production in the Northern Hemisphere!....whilst I applaud her initiative it seems a little rash on her first day as a minion!
    You are quite right to trust me...I am a lovely, caring person and |I take good care of my minions.....when Ginny fnds this thread she will come here and tell you all about the lovely nesting box I have promised her - as well as juicy apple treats!
    If you wish, you may have Santa! I presume you mean the red-suited guy from Lapland/North Pole who brings presents on a reindeer driven sleigh on the 25th December? (I am regularly visited on the 24th December by the Weihnachtsmann on his donkey!).....I am more than happy with Gibbs (whom I currently share with boxy) and Gabriel Macht (Harvey in Suits).....come the Great Domination I shall control all the TV and we will have naked NCIS! (Other shows will also be naked....I am looking for a minion with the skills to supervise the actors and ensure they comply....let me know if you are interested!)

18. dozymare1957

I fear Bethie that I am going to be a huge disappointment to you. Naked men (or women for that matter) do nothing for me. Men are all hair and dangly bits - much better covered up.
    NCIS is brill though. Do you watch Grey's Anatomy - Patrick Dempsey is pretty scrummy?

19. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Dozy...it just means all the more naked men for me! (Especially with a little hair mmmmmmm)
    I haven't seen Grey's Anatomy... ma have to look it up!
    If you think Patrick Dempsey is scrummy then he is yours! He could be your minion and bring you snacks whislt you watch your Disney DVDs!

20. dozymare1957

Mickey, Santa and Patrick Dempsey? Dozy swooooooooooooooons