1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

the steps to go from secondary to primary

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by dmtbaird, Jan 4, 2016.

1. dmtbaird

dmtbaird New commenter

Hi, I am a subject leader in French, I have been teaching 5 years, 1 year supply, 1 year nqt, 1 year teacher and then made the jump to subject leader I'm in my second year of that. I have a friend who started teaching at the same time as me and he is a primary teacher, after many discussions over the years, I have now realised that primary would cater more for my way of thinking and teaching but I am not too sure what steps I need to take to make this happen.
    Should I get in touch with agencies? At the moment I work in London but I live in Brighton so I would like to find a primary closer to home. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You can start by reading the advice in this article from the professional Advice Hub.

Moving from secondary to primary

It is a common wish, to move to Primary. Some make it, some don't. You can only be hopeful!

Hope that is helpful

Best wishes

3. dmtbaird

dmtbaird New commenter

Hi, I read the link and so forth but what is the best way to read up on KS1/KS2 curriculum? AS from what I can understand you have to train yourself so what is the best way of doing this?

thank you for all your advice
    Doug