1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The start of ICT lessons-- help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rs84, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Hi.
    I am trying to think of exciting and includive starter activities for ICT sessions, but i am really struggling. We use SMART learning to teach ICT and the starters are very boring.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thankyou so much

2. Hi.
    I am trying to think of exciting and includive starter activities for ICT sessions, but i am really struggling. We use SMART learning to teach ICT and the starters are very boring.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thankyou so much

3. Try the quizzes on teach ict website. They really like bash the teacher[​IMG]

4. Just wondering why you feel the need to do a starter activity?
    There is so many fun things to do with ICT and learning journeys that it is such a shame to teach pure skills.

5. I know a school that do the BBC "dance mat" touch typing programme at the start of all ICT lessons. I tried it last term and thouht it was a great idea. Gives a focus for the kids whilst everyone (including you) gets logged on and ready and it helps them to learn touch typing skills and improving their typing speed.