1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The standard TES poster's response on Personal

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nomad, Aug 1, 2011.

1. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Typical OP post -
    "My husband/boyfriend/male friend/casual male acquaintance...
    • overslept
    • made himself a cup of tea and didn't make me one
    • farted in bed
    • looked at a **** web site
    • didn't tell me he loved me this morning
    • looked at another woman
    • reads Playboy
    • watches football on the box
    • doesn't want to spend £2000 on a diamond ring for me
    • doesn't want to get a job in China so I can be on my own in the UK (yeah - real one that!)
    • etc."
    Standard TES Poster's response on Personal -
    "The ***! Dump him. Think of your own happiness! Get rid of him! Boil his rabbit! Etc."

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Just gave my own thread five stars, btw. Another piece of standard behaviour on the Personal Forum.

3. Have you forgotten to take your medication today?

4. And it bothers you why..?
    The 'standard TES' personal poster is female, so I don't think the answers you illustrated (in a rather embellished fashion) are that surprising.
    Nothing's going to change, everyone knows the men on here get ****** off by it, but c'est la vie.

5. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Doesn't really. Just an observation after reading some of the posts on Personal today.
    I like the new avatar.

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Just thought I'd personalise it. [​IMG]

7. Actually, I remember a time when anyone posting stuff like that got sh@t on by the majority of posters, male and female.

Part of me prefers it when posters are sympathetic, however sickly or irking a form it takes. Depends on the original post, i suppose...

8. It's a drawing by James Cowie, one of my favourite artists. :)

9. Earl Davids wife

Earl Davids wife New commenter

Now why don't I believe you nomad?
    Perhaps because I know you like to get on your high horse over some things :)

10. Haha!
    The common denominator seems to be neediness with a splash of attention-seeking mixed in.

11. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

I think you'll find it's the newly returned Question Troll who is doing most of the five star stuff at the moment ...

12. I have already answered on the existing thread. Not sure it was really worth a whole new one.

13. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Does he? The *******! Dump him! Think of your own happiness! Go through his pockets and check his emails. "Big Bertha" might not be the name of the lake's biggest pike after all. Boil his rabbit while he's out. Etc., etc.

14. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

These sorts of threads are usually easily identifiable by:
    a) the thread title
    b) the OP's name
    c) the time/date of the thread
    d) All of the above

Just don't open them! Or are you one of those posters who is so afraid of missing out on something that they must open every thread, even if it is glaringly about a subject in which you have no interest?

15. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I trust your judgement on such matters. Can you give me a clue?

16. If only QT mk2 were the only attention-seeker in these parts. I cringe when I see some of the thread titles.
    Whatever happened to keeping one's own counsel and relying on oneself?
    Novel idea but...

17. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

The poor woman is obviously hooked (line and sinker) and the swine is obviously playing her along.

Have a heart, Nomad...

18. I have never asked anyone for advice here.
    I'd have to be boiled in oil, first...

19. nomad

nomad Star commenter

It is not the content of the OP's post which I find surprising in these types of threads, even those which are clearly from trolls and flamers.
    It is the responses from other posters who seem inevitably to assume that the content of the OP is fact and will side with the OP as a matter of course, normally along the lines of "get rid of him".

20. In fact, I would probably only ever ask my OH or my sister for advice - and even then I'd be very coy about it all.
    I must have inner strength.
    Thank goodness.