1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

the scarabs secret - ideas!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by princesspunka, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Hi,

I have been asked to plan a unit of narrative work based on the book called the scarabs secret for year 6 children. I just through I would start off by asking if anyone knows this book and has any wow ideas for it? Any advice or ideas are really appreciated!

Thanks

2. I have a unit plan for this book. If you want to leave your email, I can send it to you.
    It's a fab book. My kid's loved it! We kept up the whole mystery/suspense idea by only reading a page at a time and did a huge amount of prediction / justification work. Also plenty of scope for modelling sentence work and writing in role from different character's perspective from Khepri, the beetle, the Prince and the Prince's guards.
    I love, love, love this book!

3. Hi,
    Thank you ever so much! Please send plan to laura.c.mason@gmail.com
    If you need any non-fiction ideas for Egypt, let me know and I will be happy to send you plans that I have!

4. hello, I have just ordered this book as part of our history topic with mixed year 3/4 and wondered if i could be very cheeky and ask for a copy of your unit plan for this book. I have heard alot of good things about the book. my email address is zoe_lawton@yahoo.co.uk. thank you. Zoe

5. I am also in the middle of planning a Literacy unit for this book but am new to year 5/6. Is there any chance I could have a look at your unit plan too fakesmiles to make sure I am on the right track? I feel I am struggling a bit with this as used to planning for year 3!
    Your help would be much appreciated

note2sarah@yahoo.co.uk

6. Hi,
    Hope you don't mind me jumping on the bandwagon, but I am also covering The Scarabs Secret with my Year 4's in conjunction with our History topic. I would love to have a look at some ideas for using it in literacy. My email address is maizy_93@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you x

7. I am just about to start a topic on Egypt for years 2, 3 and 4. Would this book be suitable for that age group?
    If you think it is, I would much appreciate a copy of the unit plan.

8. I am not usually a bandwagon jumper...but would be grateful for a copy please

ukhippychick@yahoo.co.uk

9. Sorry - haven't looked at this thread for a long time!! I still have the plan somewhere - I'll dig it out and forward it to all who've left email.
    Jane Mear - I did this with year 4 - I'm not sure if you could go as far down as year 2 with it but if you leave an email, I'll gladly forward my plan for you to look at?

10. Thank you very much - the plans are really helpful :)

11. Thank - you so much Fakesmiles the planning is very much appreciated. xx

12. Thank you so much for the planning. It all looks great :eek:)
    Maizy x

13. Hi Maizy,
    I wondered if you would mind sending me a copy of the The Scarab's Secret planning? I have a mixed class of years 2/3/4 and as the book looks stunning I would be very interested. My email address is jane.mear@btconnect.com

Thanks!

14. planesick

planesick New commenter

hi, please please could i have a copy of the unit plan for the scarabs secret? i am doing this book with my year fours as part of our ancient egypt topic. my email is planesick@hotmail.com
    thank you

15. Hi I wondered if you could email me your plans for The Scarabs Secret?
    Would be much appreciated;0)
    Thank you
    Sarah Black
    sblack1_@hotmail.com

16. Anyone able to send me a copy of this planning too?
    I'd be extremely grateful!
    tomcox11@hotmail.com
    Thanks!

17. I am about to use this book and although I have a plan, I would like some additional ideas as I'd like the work to last over 4 weeks. Perhaps I could have a copy. Please send to Meg@megandy.freeserve.co.uk
    Thanks

18. I anyone could email me the planning for The Scarabs Secret I would be really grateful. Just running in circles getting no-where fast! Thank you in advance
    elsie99@hotmail.co.uk

19. Hi
    Could you please send me the unit plan for the scarabs secret, will be covering it in the Autumn term with a year 3/4 class. Email is johnsue94@hotmail.com

regards John