1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The sales 2010/11

Discussion in 'Personal' started by buntycat, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Who's having a good one?
    What have you bought?
    To buy now, while you can be sure of the stock, or wait until the price drops even more?
    I've bought leggings and tights from Warehouse and a jacket and top from Karen Millen. The River Island website is down at the mo, I think the sale is imminent. Got my eye on a couple of cuff bracelets, but nothing else. The Oasis sale is a bit lame.

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I'm going to wait. I've got my eye on some lovely boots in Clarks.

3. The best part of the sales is going to be beween 26th Dec to 3rd January. The ones online now are just the attempt to get in a bit more cash before Christmas day.
    .....or so the MSE people say!

4. bnm

bnm

Another thread that passes me by.......like the make up ones......
    I loathe shopping for clothes and will go shopping when dire necessity forces me.
    Nothing would drag me near a shop when it's likely to be busy with "sales".
    Wouldn't be able to buy on-line as need to see something on.
    I think it's probably a good thing I live in the sticks. I haven't even heard of most of the shops you're talking about.
    *sits frumpily in trackie bottoms and saggy jumper*

5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Thanks for this thread. I have just found some bargains in the Fat Face sale - 3 pairs of trousers half price plus a lovely cream cardie at full price but I have been looking for something like that for ages.
    On-line shopping rules! If it looks rubbish just send it back.

6. You are quite right PFF, the best prices are yet to come, but what if they run out of stock?!!!
    I have been very good, apart from the Karen Millen and mostly bought stuff I wanted, but was too tight to pay for.
    What you can do girls, is buy the item at a reasonable reduction and if the price drops further and they still have it in stock, buy again and return the first one! That might be a good strategy if there's something really expensive that you desperately want.
    I have been very good and have stopped looking now. i won't go back again until it's virtually free!

7. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

Won't they return the lower price rather than the higher one?

8. No. When the item is sent you have a receipt that clearly states the price it was sold to you at the time. Return with that receipt and you get the price that you paid.