1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The S word!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tick/star/smileyface, Apr 5, 2012.

1. tick/star/smileyface

tick/star/smileyface New commenter

...and by that I think we all know I mean the dreaded....SATS! This is my first year of year 6 and I am totally on my own with it! This has made me feel quite helpless - am I doing the right things? am I prep'd enough? etc....NOw that we will be on the count down when we get back after Easter, I thought I would ask how others are feeling/preparing/coping. Any tips for a rapid turn over of revision whilst keeping things fun? My class seem to be torn between the chn that are worried and the ones that have parents who don't really care! They also range between level 1 and 6!! Any ideas anyone? Good luck to you all!

2. tick/star/smileyface

tick/star/smileyface New commenter

...and by that I think we all know I mean the dreaded....SATS! This is my first year of year 6 and I am totally on my own with it! This has made me feel quite helpless - am I doing the right things? am I prep'd enough? etc....NOw that we will be on the count down when we get back after Easter, I thought I would ask how others are feeling/preparing/coping. Any tips for a rapid turn over of revision whilst keeping things fun? My class seem to be torn between the chn that are worried and the ones that have parents who don't really care! They also range between level 1 and 6!! Any ideas anyone? Good luck to you all!

3. AAaahh I am feeling exactly the same!

Came on here today to try and get some tips/ advice as to how best manage the time left with the children before the SATs.

I know miracles will not be achieved in 4 weeks, but can anyone please share any tips or ideas that they will be doing with Year 6 between now and the SATs to make them best prepared?

Thank you!!