1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The role of SENCO's and LSA's

Discussion in 'Primary' started by livystreeter, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Hi, I am writing an essay for my PGCE about what you think LSA's and SENCO's should be doing in your lessons and what they actually do in your lessons. Also to what extent are you as a teacher trained to deal with SEN and AEN issues. If any of you could help it would greatly appreciated and of course you will remain anonymous!
    Thank you,
    Liv Streeter

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I'm a SENCO and I teach full time so I don't do anything in other people's classrooms.

3. Whereas our SENCO doesn't have a class yet rarely takes my statemented child as she's too busy to see him, even though it's timetabled. Funnily enough, she saw him twice in one week just before the annual review and hasn't bothered with him since.
    My TA is brilliant and does whatever I ask, whether that's supporting children during my input, hearing readers, scribing, making a cup of tea, backing boards etc etc.

4. greta444

greta444 New commenter

our senco has her own class. She sorts what support each child needs and timetables that for our lovely lady who delivers all the support programmes.