1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Repair Shop TV programme

Discussion in 'Personal' started by peakster, Dec 11, 2019.

1. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Anyone else watch this ?

the people who do the repairs are so talented.

I freely admit I am a bit of a softie when it comes to this sort of thing but I was genuinely moved to tears by yesterday's episode when they repaired that old photograph album that belonged to the lady's grandmother.

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I watch this when I can, although I do find the emphasis on emotion rather annoying.

i bought the book but going it to be a complete waste of money (thinking it was going to be a repair DIY manual and it wasn't) and donated it, largely unread, to my local library.

knitone and border_walker like this.
  3. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

My Best Beloved and I greatly enjoy it at gin o'clock. We have a number of treasured possessions which would benefit from the attentions of the staggeringly talented experts, not least the Davenport desk of Mrs M's grandfather, a miner's son who ended up as a magistrate and partner in a respected law firm.

Jesmond12 likes this.
  4. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Love it........especially Will.

It’s filmed near me.

Jesmond12 likes this.
  5. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I have posted about this programme before. It is a little gem and I often find that I have something in my eye when the restored item is unveiled.

6. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Steve and his sister Suzi are just great as well but my favourite are the two teddy bear ladies.

Jay is so funny ... he swans around doing sweet FA.

Trekkie likes this.
  7. border_walker

border_walker Lead commenter

I looked at the book once, having skimmed it. it went right back on the shelf.

install and nomad like this.
  8. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

I like it. Anything to do with mechanical stuff I like to watch, like Wheeler Dealers, at least the earlier series. I don't much like that Drew blokey on that "Salvage Hunter" programme, he seems to rip people off and is just soooo smug. And some of his "gems" are complete junk (to me anyway, if some wassock forks out for such tat, more fool them).

9. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

An excellent programme, The skill are so interesting and reflects our parents generation-make do and mend. For some reason, it reminds me of my aunt's kitchen where there was a drawer for paper bags, one for string and one where she kept her string bags for shopping.

The chap I envy is the gold smith. I wanted to do that but the deposit for the course was way beyond our coffers. :(

10. border_walker

border_walker Lead commenter

Do you like the henry Cole programmes?

install likes this.