1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Real Ale Club

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon2113, Feb 17, 2011.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I got this from ALDI before Christmas.
    [​IMG]
    It was a box of 12 Marstons. 3 x Pedigree 3 x Oyster Stout, 3 x Burtons bitter and 3 x Old Empire for £15

2. Soz about the "<P>" - thought I was still using Opera. Don't use Firefox much these days.

3. I got some of that at 99p each from Aldi or Lidl. Damn good value. Got some other good stuff as well.

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I'm swithering between the Dalwhinnie and the Bowmore, dekka.
    But if given free rein I'd go for Old Poulteney. A lovely drop which is like nectar from the Gods.
    Bloke had a fine pint of Marston's Pedigree in Alnwick this avo.

5. My malt of choice is (dependant on mood) Laphroaig ..I love the immediate smoky flavour) or Glenmorange...so smooth and refined.

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

With you on the Laphroaig. Also a drop of Bowmore if I am lucky!

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Bloke doesn't like peaty malts, so have to go for the smooth ones. Otherwise, blow me wouldn't I be drinking it all myself...
    ...er
    [​IMG]

8. Will have to try the Bowmore, blazer.

Manny, tell bloke that peaty is good. :&not;))

9. Just checked the Malt whisky stock situation and sadly there is no Old Pulteney! Found a bottle of Glenmorangie at the back though and some err.... Glenfiddich (keep that for Mrs. D methinks).

10. anon468

anon468 New commenter

This thread is rapidly turning into the boozy old farts club.
    Me like. [​IMG]

11. Well ..present company excepted, manny...a thread with Blazer, dekka, shifter, surfy and me on could be nothing less. :&not;))

12. It is a bit like isn't it? I blame Bauble.
    (dekka wanders off to see if he can find some Highland Park which survived Xmas - without much hope though)

13. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Mmmmm... Highland Park.. [​IMG]

14. Oh bloody hell , another one to try....so many malts so little time.

15. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Right, I'm away out to get my ale for the sampling/discussion thingy.
    Is it just Fursty Ferret or are we doing more than one at a time?

16. Well if you have a Sainsbury near you they are doing a Badgers collection of four Badger ales . Fursty Ferret is one of those ales. I'm going to get a box tomorrow...so it's up to you. :&not;))

17. Been for a long walk and ended up a the pub on Priddy green (funny that). Had potholer and mulled cider (75 degrees apparently and not too sweet).
    Butcombe is made in the next village to me. Used to be made in Butcombe but the roads up to Butcombe have grass growing down the middle so how they got the brewers drey down em narrow lanes I'll never know.

18. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Dang. Nearest Sainsburys is miles away. I'll see what Tesco has to offer.
    *coat on*

19. Well if you can't get the badgers....get another couple of beers of your choice and post them on here We can all get them and compare tomorrow night.

20. modelmaker

modelmaker Star commenter

Well, to get in the mood, now I've discovered there are actually real people who post on TES, and I've now got some mates, friends, that is, rather than condoms, I went to the shop and bought:
    Sneck Lifter from the Lake District @ 5.1%
    Fullers ESB @ 5,9% and
    Marstons Owd Rodger @ 7.6%
    Started with the Sneck Lifter which wasn't at all bad. Reading the label, it turns out that a sneck is a door latch and a sneck lifter is a man's last sixpence that he would use to lift the sneck of the pub door to buy a pint, hoping to meet friends there who would buy him one or two more. Mine cost me &pound;2.39. I shall be catching the next train to the Lake District providing I last the evening out and the Owd Rodger doesn't see me off. Typing may become slurred.