1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Real Ale Club

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon2113, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Fursty Ferret is one of Badger's ales brewed by Hall and Woodhouse. Sainsburys are doing a Badgers collection of four ales for £6.

You and me then Manny...saturday testing session. :¬))

2. Possibly....but not in the same night. :¬))

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

You're on, Baubs!
    Might be a bit late in sending my write up (40th birthday party - bleurgh).

5. Aye, it is if you mean the same one as I do - the one in New Ridley. Might be down about 10ish.

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

That's leaving it a bit late for supping, dekka!
    I really, really want a beer now... [​IMG]

7. Ok so I am a fully paid up member. (must be, I've taken years to meet the quaifications).
    I don't neccessarily like the strong, porter type, winter ales. I prefer the lighter pale ales as long as they are fruity.
    I would prefer to drink it from the cask than bottle. Especially if they are bottle conditioned and I've errr ...tasted a few. I end up drinking the dead stuff at the bottom of the bottle as well !
    My local regularly serves up 8 different real ales and has only recently put lager on. The landlord preferred to let they lager drinkers go elsewhere.
    This week I am mostly drinkin Butcombe, Bath Ales and Box brewery ales.

8. Ahh butcombe. i was working in plymouth but stopping in a house on the edge of the moor . We drove every night to a tiny one roomed pub in the middle of nowherethat served Butcombe from the barrel. I wish i could remeber the name of the pub.

9. Hello Lamaddalena- you sound as if you enjoy some brews local to me. I really like Gem, brewed by Bath Ales too.
    Last night we enjoyed a pint (well 2 actually) of Wadworth's 6x in the Red Lion, Lacock. Nice!
    There's good real ale to be had in the south too. Fave 'northern' beer is Theakston's old peculiar.

10. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Fursty Ferret is a Badger ale. I had 3 bottles of badger while watching the rugger last saturday. A FF, a tangle foot and a golden dawn?

11. modelmaker

modelmaker Star commenter

We owe a lot to the 4 **** artists who started CAMRA. When I were a lad, Watney's Red Barrel was everywhere.
    My first real introduction to proper beer was in Becky's dive bar in Borough, just along the road from the market. Only sold beer drained straight out of the barrels on the counter. Ruddles County being one of the favourites then. The owner, Becky, thanked her regular customers by organising a free trip to the Oakham brewery, sandwiches and all. Stopped off on-route at a pub near Cambridge for a pint of Abbot. Can't remember much about the trip back on the charabanc other than desperately needing a pee.

12. I've always fancied starting up a micro brewery F&F[​IMG]
    Why I prefer ale is because lager is so full of gas. So beats me why they serve real ale 'oup north with such a head on it ?

13. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

where else would you put the flake?

14. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Wadworth 6X in the Queen Vic in Priddy at 18:01 (in the days when pubs re-opened at 18:00) after a day's caving in Swildon's. Nothing ever tasted better.

15. just up the road from me!

16. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Ah...if only I could have my youth to misspend all over again...

17. If could have back all the money I've spent on beer ................

I'd probably spend it on beer.

18. Oh how joyous was I last night when I walked into the Frog & Ferret and found out they had Marstons Old Empire IPA on draft, so much better than the bottles I often enjoy. [​IMG]

19. I must admit that I very very rarely go into pubs.The thought of paying £4:00 a pint goes against my religion. Hence the quest for the best bottled real ale.
    In actual fact I am toying with the idea of home brew, although having to sit and wait 2 weeks for the brew to mature may be a bit of a problem.

20. anon468

anon468 New commenter

£4 a pint, Baubs???!! [​IMG] *faints*
    £2.50 up here. And the banter's canny n' all.