1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Real Ale Club

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon2113, Feb 17, 2011.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Did this happen?

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

The Taphouse Beer cafe, Deal (Not to be confused with the Taphouse in the same town). Good selection of real ales. Only had time for one so took the barman's recommendation and had the Sprattwafflers IPA. Lovely Jubbly. Also a fine selection of craft gins for Mrs B.

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Found some bargains yesterday/
    popped in Tesco in Redditch for a couple of things. At the end of the booze aisle they had a wheeled shelf thing loaded with booze. It looked like they had been clearing the back of the stockroom. Picked up 3 cans of Adnams Ghost ship (£2.50) 3 cans Courage Directors (£2.50). 3 can sOld speckled hen (£2.50). Then a bottle each of Shepherd Neame Spitfife SN Dark ale, Sn Pale ale, SN Master Brew, Morlands Hen Tooth at 60p each. 12 cans of Boddingtons for £4.50 (they had 4 packs of these but Mrs B Only allowed me to take one) I also picked up 3 cans of Tyskie Gronie (sentimental reasons) for £2.50

Didactylos4 likes this.
  5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

In Tesco today picked up three 5 litre 'casks' of Hobgoblin gold. £7.50 per cask! One od those should see me through the rugger this afternoon.:confused:

Piranha and rosievoice like this.
  6. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

Mrs P wants me to pick up a few things at our local Tesco. I might get lost and find myself in the booze aisle, just in case it is like Redditch.

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Supplies are running low. Just got my last 5 litre keg of Hobgoblin Golden ale from the back of the cupboard. Got it standing in a bucket of cold water at the moment. Should see me through tonight and tomorrow.

Piranha likes this.
  8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Been a while.
    McGrath's Craft Irish Pale Ale 4.4%abv 330 ml bottle. Not quite an IPA but neverthe less very crisp and tasty.
    McGrath's Craft Irish Amber. 5.2% abv 330ml bottle. Lovely malty brew, very smooth.

Picked up 2 bottles of each as a taster from B&M bargains. 79p per bottle.
    May pop back tomorrow to see if any are left.

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Ringwood Mauler Pale ale. 3.9% abv 500ml. £1.09 at Home Bargains.

silkywave likes this.
  10. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Have just discovered four bottles of Old Speckled Hen in the fridge in the garage (which I thought was empty).

Result!!!

rosievoice, Piranha and blazer like this.