1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The point at which you applied for/got your bursary

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by RootNegative1, Jan 6, 2016.

1. RootNegative1

RootNegative1 New commenter

Hi all

I have a place on a school direct course for September that I am very excited about. I am 32 and this is going to be a total career change for me and it cant come soon enough, I would start tomorrow if it was possible!
    My situation (mortgage etc) means I could only consider this move because of the bursary system.
    I have been speaking with the course administrators at the uni my training will be run through and have learned that I only apply for my bursary through them at the start of the course.

Is this pretty standard? It's going to be nerve-wracking as I will have to resign from my current job well before I start the course and well before I have anything official about my bursary.

Guess Im just looking to hear other peoples experience... tell me that is how it is for everyone with bursaries, tell me yours worked out fine!

2. JennyK90

JennyK90 New commenter

I heard very little about my bursary until I started my course this year!

I didn't apply for it as such, just filled in a form for my training provider and got the first payment in September.

3. RootNegative1

RootNegative1 New commenter

Excellent, thanks