1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon3372, Apr 14, 2011.

1. anteater

anteater New commenter

Oooh! I haven't had time to look around TES for ages, but now term is winding down...
    What a fabulous thread! And some mouthwatering pictures!
    I've always wondered how to post pictures, so having looked at this thread, I have signed up for Photobucket, and if it works there should be a picture of a cake I made for a colleague's birthday last year. Fingers crossed...

[​IMG]

2. anon468

anon468 New commenter

That's a gorgeous cake (well, two cakes!), anteater.
    You are all so creative. [​IMG]

3. http://s1198.p

4. Guess that didn't work either

anyone with a Mac out there???

5. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

[​IMG]
    'Diner à un' in our wonderfully overgrown garden. A take on a cassoulet (butterbeans, sausage, confit duck gizzards, garlicky tomato sauce, breadcrumbs) with bread and wine...

6. You cultured so and so...
    Is that bread or a piece of pie?

7. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

It's a chunk of baguette!

8. Ah...it looked to me like a bit of pie.
    Am I really so blind?

9. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

I'm using a Mac and I'm having problems with this.
    [​IMG]

Is this how you do it RF? Am I following the instructions properly? All I'm getting is the little blue square but when I right click on it (to 'view image in a new window') I'm taken to flickr and I can see the picture.

This is what I usually do when I want to post a picture.

(no spaces)

It usually works - but not this time.

[​IMG]
    Just the blue square again but right clicking on it takes me again to flickr in a new window. I can't see any mention of copyright or tight settings, though.

10. I do as elfie does.
    I have no idea about Macs, sorry!
    On Personal, it was mentioned that it may be a conflict between Mac and flickr?

11. anteater

anteater New commenter

[​IMG]
    Sorry I can't help with a Mac, either.
    My problem is that I can't seem to make the pictures any bigger, even though I am editing the pictures on Photobucket and using the button that says "Resize." Hmmm...

So, in the meantime, the strange mess that is too small to see here round the cake, is actually a heap of vodka chocolate chilli peppers (never again!)

12. I seem to remember serendipity posting about that on Personal - maybe worth a search? I think she had worked it out?
    I haven't - when I post a piccie, it tends to be huge, not tiny!

13. Maybe lovely Bev could give us all a tutorial? [​IMG]

14. anotherauntsally

Thanks cq. I've just found it. That probably makes sense. I don't usually have a problem posting pictures but I don't have a flickr account so I've no experience of that.

15. Maybe photobucket is better?

16. anotherauntsally

Yes, possibly. Maybe Mac users who post their own photos will tell us. I don't have any nice photos of my own to post (certainly not of my cooking, unfortunately) so any pictures I post tend to be from other sites.
    I'm really impressed by all the photos on this thread. I could never compete. I have been inspired to hotlist some of the lovely recipes, though - and my first goal is to learn to make a good enough curry to impress my grown up children.

17. Stick around - this is a lovely place [​IMG]

18. Yay!!!

it sure is a lovely place - thank you so much for posting my cakes - I don't know what you did or how you did it - you are all super people!!!

More pics now please!!

19. I don't have experience on a Mac myself but possibly it's the browser you are using. Have you tried Firefox or Chrome?
    I have been experimenting with the 3 main browsers on Windows XP IE, Chrome and Firefox.

20. anon468

anon468 New commenter

This is Mr manny and his 14lb salmon (caught on Tuesday):
    [​IMG]
    It is now residing in our freezer...