1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon3372, Apr 14, 2011.

1. henriette

henriette New commenter

2. That is...big!
    Am I the only one who couldn't eat that much meat? Apart from Beth...

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

actually it was 1/2 of a 300g slice of beef (and o/h had more than 50%)!!

4. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

DDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

That does indeed look stunning, Henriette.

6. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Yum yum yum! Here are a few of my baked goodies!

Chocolate-Hazelnut fairycakes and ever-so-rich brownies (Green&Black's, of course)
    [​IMG]
    Black-bottomed fairycakes (half dense chocolate cake mix, half baked cheesecake mix, topped with cream cheese icing)
    [​IMG]
    Fairy cakes baked and decorated for my sister's wedding
    [​IMG]

I made some gorgeous 'lacy biscuits' (a bit like brandy snaps) but forgot to take pictures before my family demolished the entire batch of 30 in two days!

7. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

<a title="Click to zoom out." class="menuTrigger" id="zoomedLink">[​IMG][/URL]
    Pudding. Cinnamon pannacotta, poached rhubarb.
    Very nice. Needed a shortbread biscuit to go with it perhaps.

8. Do you really all serve your food up like that?

9. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

No! Normally just slopped up. Fancied messing about a bit this evening.

10. egyptgirl

I don't believe that for one second! I bet its presented beautifully every night! [​IMG]

11. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Not at all - I occasionally make a little effort on weekends and on holidays - when there's time. It's a bit of fun, more than anything else. We had a bit of fancy food at a restuarant on the weekend and I felt like having a mess around whilst Mrs909 read her book. What I definitely don't do is bugger about with smears and towers like they do on Masterchef, etc. The food would go cold, for starters! And most nights it is just slopped up, and I sense it always will be when we've got kids. Anyway, a white plate with the food dolloped on it looks just as beautiful as any artfully draped presentation of food. And when there's more than the pair of us eating, it's usually in a hot pan or oven dish in the middle of the table, and everyone helps themselves!

12. henriette

henriette New commenter

I thought I'd share a couple of photos from our trip to France last wee:

Lunch made by daughter (before and after cooking)
    [​IMG]

Lunch out (starters):
    [​IMG]

Dinner at the house (starters again):
    [​IMG]

and, just because it such a pretty house that my friend has:
    [​IMG]

13. egyptgirl

I think we could have a little chef on our hands, H!
    House looks gorgeous too. Picture perfect!

14. Sorry I don't know how to download piccies onto flikr. Perhaps I should have a go? I've got lots of food photos that might give you ideas for things you could try.
    I've made owl cakes a few times with young kids in my group. You need maltesers (test first !) , jelly diamonds for the beaks and look out for baby smarties. I know there is a photo online as I pinched the idea from the good food mag.
    I think they look better with vaniila cake and colourful butter icing.
    [​IMG]

15. I've made a D&G birthday cake for a friend before now. I 've got a picture on my mobile and i don't know how to download that either ! Anyway you get the idea from this cake. Quite easy to do.
    [​IMG]

16. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I LOVE those owl cakes, maddy!

17. Those owl cakes are really cute.
    We made some similar ones last year as bats! (I didn't take a photo - boo hoo).

18. Cooooooooooooooooooool!

19. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

[​IMG]

Cakes made on request for my year 11s' last lesson this year. They'd heard that I made good cakes because I made some for my tutor group a while back, so they asked for them "Since you've taught us for four years and you love us....". It's true, I do.
    Served the cakes up period 3 (after they'd completed their final bit of revision, natch). Period 4, after lunch, my year nines came in asking about cakes. "How did you know?" I asked. "Oh, it's all over Facebook that you make the best cakes ever, Miss". Apparently year 11 had been letting the world know via FB that my cakes are good.
    Glad they enjoyed them anyway. Lol.

Coming soon - chocolate cake...

20. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Technically....it's Chanel....don't you know lol xx