1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon3372, Apr 14, 2011.

1. henriette

henriette New commenter

Lapin's pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Thanks henriette, I try to be a bit different with my cakes.

3. Whoops try again

[​IMG]

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Wow! That's fantastic, gta!!
    Your daughter's a lucky young lady. :)

5. Wow - loving the cakes!
    That one with the wee muffins is very clever - I would never have thought of doing something like that.
    I may pinch the idea...tee hee. But where do I get one of those stands?
    lapin - yours are gorgeous. I don't think I would have the patience, although I have laboured away on birthday cakes for the kids (mind, twice a year you can make the effort I suppose).

6. btw - BIG thanks to Bev for making this a sticky.
    It is here for a year, folks! After that, we need to remind Bev to restick it [​IMG]

7. STICKY!!!! YAY!!!!

8. How do you resize piccies?

9. Scroll down and right until you see the corner.
    When they are big they fill the whole box, but if you just click on it and move it regardless you will see it move. You just need to have it selected, even if you can't tell, then go scrolling!
    It's easier if it's a flickr pick (or similar) cos the size you choose transfers properly! Tut!!

10. I am not using flickr.
    I shall have a lookie...daughter wants me to post her first pastry!

11. http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload
    This is a very easy way to upload a photo. Click browse and select your file, select image, resize (use message board size) not like I did with my first attempt of the cupcakes image. Then click upload now. Wait a few seconds and you will have to put in the security code. You then select the code for message boards and paste that code into your message on here.
    Here is a Gruffalo cake I make with some children at school lol. They did it all not me
    [​IMG]
    The cake stand for the cupcakes was from one of those 'book people' type clubs who drop things off in the staffroom. It was about £4. I just googled and found this one on Amazon for £7.60 which is pretty good.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/TIER-CUPCAKE-STAND-HOLDS-CUPCAKES/dp/B0042WANKY/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1303068168&sr=8-9

12. Perhaps choose image size of 'website' that image above is still a little big lol

13. I love that gruffulo cake!
    I am going to show that to my kids - I bet you anything they will want to bake one!

14. Thank you!
    I am actually going to wish for that as my Mother's Day cake.
    Our day is in May and today the children were writing a list of what to cook and bake for me (quite sweet, I need to buy the ingredients, ho hum).
    Son wrote...."Mutterkuchen..." which had me and him! roaring with laughter when we spotted it.
    Muttertagskuchen is correct . Mutterkuchen is placenta!

15. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Dinner. Rack of lamb, braised little gem, pea puree, roast spuds. lamb and red wine gravy.

16. YUM!
    Crikey, I don't serve my food up that posh!
    Maybe I won't post any piccies after all...[​IMG]

17. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

No, nor do I usually, CQ, which is why I took a pic of it!

18. [​IMG]
    Lovely pic though. I am drooling!

19. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Nick, rookie mistake. There's a slight dribble on the right hand side of the plate!
    Still looks scrummy though!