1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon3372, Apr 14, 2011.

1. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

[​IMG]

I think I've managed to post it now!

2. cinnamonsquare

[​IMG]

While I seem to be on a roll...

Continuing my experimenting with chocolate modelling. Used a silicone cake tin to make the giant cake case out of chocolate. There's chocolate madeira cake inside, sandwiched with buttercream (a rather thick layer as it was difficult to see how much I was putting in!), topped with ganache and maltesers. Served in very thin slices as it was fairly rich!

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

It's nice if you make a chocolate shell like this and fill with a bavarois, or mousse, I did one years ago with a plain choc shell and a peppermint bavarois.

4. cinnamonsquare

Nice idea lapin, thanks!

5. cinnamonsquare

I made another chocolate shell and filled it with the raspberry bavarois from Mary Berry's Charlotte Royal recipe. Never made a bavarois before but wasn't as complicated as the recipe made it sound! No picture I'm afraid, but thank you for your idea lapin - it was delicious!

6. cinnamonsquare

*Royale. Stupid autocorrect!

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Maqloubeh, o/h is taking some to work for dinner in the middle of the night, he's just had shakshoukah with flatbread for breakfast,

[​IMG]

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

The first of this year's cakes to be raffled on Saturday for the local pet rescue.

[​IMG]

9. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Another cake, this one to be raffled for Treats in the Street, a way of helping the homeless people in Brighton.

[​IMG]

10. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

21 Gothic cup cakes for my Goth son's 21st birthday treat.. Ran out of icing towards the end-the others were better iced!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Very cute sparkle - PCjr wants some like that now!

12. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

thank you PC-the bun wraps and rice paper bats came from Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/261648219162?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

bun cases

www.kitchencraft.co.uk/categories/baking_sugarcraft/cake_cases_wraps/pack_of_12_spider_web_paper_cake_wraps_spkyccwrap.htm

13. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Thanks Sparkle - PCjr turns 18 in October so I will order some supplies and hide them away!

14. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

The cake I made for my niece's wedding.

[​IMG]

15. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

That's magnificent, lapinrose!! Too good to eat : )

16. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

That looks amazing Lapin. I bet it tastes good too!

17. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Thanks, the taste was good, as I told my niece, "it's made with lots of love and lots of brandy, plus blood, sweat and tears and lots of swearing!!!