1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The phone call

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by joxmac, Jan 23, 2016.

1. joxmac

joxmac New commenter

As most senior member of staff after DH I am sometimes left in charge of school in absence go HT & DH. They are away for 2 days in a few weeks and I'm worried we will get 'the phone call' which we are due!!!

I'm looking for advice about what will happen - so what will they ask me, what do I need to say? What should I do after the phone call?

My HT just keeps saying not to worry as it won't happen, but it could and I'd like to be prepared!! Any advice appreciated

2. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

After the phone call, you will need to tell EVERYONE. They will tell you to tell the chair of govs, put a notice on your website, put a notice in the entrance of the school and send a letter to parents and direct them to parent view. Tell all of the staff immediately.

Don't worry, the inspector will tell you what to do! We had Ofsted in my second term as a new HT, they were very helpful on the phone...yes! We had a very good ofsted inspector, quite true!

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Are the HT/DHT readily contactable when they are away in a few weeks time? And can they quickly get back to school the same day if you get the call? Get hold of one of them ASAP - the HT will be racing back just as quickly as she/he can!