1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The organisation of the LLLUK

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by barnes21, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Can anyone tell me where to find an "organisational chart" which shows the make up of this sector. I find it very confusing, but I want to understand where the different bodies all fit in with each other, funding, inspecton, private, public, colleges themselves, etc. There has to be a visual somewhere which explains the hierarchy the relationships. With imminent changes to the sector it would be good to get a grasp of what it currently looks like.

2. Can anyone tell me where to find an "organisational chart" which shows the make up of this sector. I find it very confusing, but I want to understand where the different bodies all fit in with each other, funding, inspecton, private, public, colleges themselves, etc. There has to be a visual somewhere which explains the hierarchy the relationships. With imminent changes to the sector it would be good to get a grasp of what it currently looks like.

3. Not sure if this is what you want
    http://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/media/Governance%20Good%20Practice%20Guide/key-agencies-new.gif
    [​IMG]

4. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Lead commenter

They're not called 'Lifelong Learning U K' for nothing. You'll spend your lifetime trying to work out their labyrinthine machinations.
    Finding a correct telephone number alone will take months and, when you finally contact the correct department, they will have moved it around again.
    Come back in two years time and tell us if you are any further on in your quest.
    I state here today that you won't be.

5. I would not worry about LLUK as they won't exist after April 2011.
    http://www.lluk.org/2010/12/relicensing-outcome-announced/
    Let's hope that more organisations like this cease to exist and then the whole bureacratic machine can be dismantled. FE can then be freed from all the pointless red tape, daft ideas, waffle and continuous change for the sake of change.

The Further Education Teachers' Qualifications Regulations (2007) specifically mentions LLUK.
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/2264/regulation/2/made
    Does this mean that the regulations become void when the LLUK no longer exists? Perhaps a lawyer can advise! If so, could the regulations could become obselete and the whole QTLS and IFL bureaucracy collapse?

I don't know about these legal issues but I would like to see all the pointless bureaucracy and political correctness removed from FE. It is just unnecessary waste and no colleges can afford this now - many are already struggling and some could go bankrupt when EMA stops and students (customers) stop walking through the door.