1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The only place to vent my anger

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by lizziescat, Sep 26, 2015.

1. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Met up with some ex colleagues earlier this week.
    All I said was How are you? How 's it going and they began to explain the start of term and changes etc of my old workplace.

Within 2 minutes two were in tears at the thought of the place and the stress they were under.

And IT'S ONLY SEPTEMBER What sort of a [ ] job is this.

For anyone dropping in to enquire about retirement, this says it all

Lidnod, katechb and FolkFan like this.
  2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

It's too bad. Does anyone think the children are better off for it? I would accept that some lower ability children have their needs met better than in years gone by but as for the vast majority ......
    I follow Gerald Haigh (TES journalist in days gone by - may still contribute for all I know|) on twitter
    [​IMG]Gerald Haigh ‏@geraldhaigh1 4 hrs4 hours ago
    "In the days of magnificent school Christmas productions, I'd have been planning the music by now. Choir rehearsals starting just before HT."

The concerts, the projects, the pleasure of the life of a real community of adults and children. Some primaries may still have that I suppose but with tales of miserable stressed staff becoming ill with overwork the background to English primary education is not healthy.

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I'm in Scotland and we've been back since mid August. This is exactly how I've been feeling the last few weeks. I just can't do this anymore.....However,I'm only 53,so.......

4. gymjack

gymjack New commenter

I thank my lucky stars every day that I'm out of it. My pity is with people still working especially women with small children. I don't know how they do it.

5. corneronrye

corneronrye New commenter

I hear you catmother. Too young to retire, but too old to be putting up with this nonsense. I'm 52 and would dearly like to leave and start something else. I just don't know if 52 year old women can get another job all that easily.

6. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Red hats are against the staff dress code these days ...

7. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter