1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The new tes jobs home page - is it just me..

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Scifihel

Scifihel New commenter

Agree with the above - even with these "improvements", I still have to do at least four searches to see all the jobs in my area. And I can only hope I have used the correct keywords, because the categorisation of jobs doesn't make sense. For example: If I search under "Cambridgeshire", some jobs at the exam board are visible. However, if I search under "other workplaces", then these don't come up under the consequent postcode search.

The regional/postcode job search was not broken - it was probably the easiest search of any job site and consequently the most useful and the one I did practically every day.

Please bring back the old site.

2. Having just browsed twitter and the forums there are a massive number of people who hate the new job search function.

So TES time to come clean.

Why are you continuing to tinker with a product customers dislike, more comments on this on the forum than any other!

(Ive not found a single positive comment by the way!)

Why have you not brought the old site back?

Can we your customers have an answer please?

3. TES jobs still don't like sorry [​IMG]

4. ihatemondays

ihatemondays New commenter

Dear Gail

Are you going to bring the map/postcode search back - yes or no. It is very clear that your new improved version is very unpopular, and is now costing TES money as schools are looking elsewhere to advertise vacancies. Please can you let us know if you are going to bring back the simple way of searching which users of TES job search want and use.
    Thanks

5. I agree with all of you, it stinks and is very unclear to use.
    Seems like everything is going bums up at the moment, the recession, not many jobs to apply for, dead supply, fake interviews (when I get one), thousands of people applying for the same job and to top it off, the TES job search is now completely useless.

6. Basso_Profundo

Basso_Profundo New commenter

Today I received another email from Harminder Singh [Online Customer Services Manager] at TSL, advising me:
    Now, quite apart from the fact this does not tell me any more than Gail Robinson [Web Production Manager] told me on Friday, it still is not affording us the one simple facility we are all calling for!

Come on Gail, Harminder - quit giving us the this nonsense, and restore to us, your customers, the interface we have all worked with for the last decade. There was no need to "improve" the site. There is certainly no justification for the utter abomination which exists in the form of the recent changes.

I suggest other readers join me in putting pen to paper and addressing both Gerard Kelly [Editor, TES] and Bill Donoghue [MD, TSL]. One hopes Donoghue, at very least, might understand our complaints - he has previously been MD at Ramesys [large supplier of Software to the education sector] and is a former Head of IT at Tesco, Ireland.
    Both may be contacted at:
    Gives us something to do on Wednesday, I guess - or maybe those of us not attached to schools outside which to picket might picket the above address instead?
    Basso

7. Re the above post, I am going to assume that Mr Donoghue has an email address that we can all use to deluge his inbox - ideas anyone?

8. That would be easier- and more instant. Bring back TES jobs old style now!
    I hate looking for regional jobs it is just toooooooooooooooooo fiddly :(

9. Hello,
    As part of series of improvements we've been making to TES Jobs over the past week, today we have added the ability to search by location from www.tes.co.uk/jobs
    For example, if you want to search for all jobs in the UK, click on the UK label on the map at www.tes.co.uk/jobs. From this page you can then narrow down your search by postcode or by choosing a location, position or workplace..
    This will help anyone who wants to search for all jobs in a specific area and those who want to carry out a search across multiple school phases.

Gail

10. Hurray!
    Thank God for that...simple as twas before...but sparkly and new looking.
    Thank you!

11. Hurray! Three cheers for people power- Thanks TES!

12. Thanks Gail and TES team for listening to us. The new design is much much better.

13. Thank you for bringing back the map!

14. Basso_Profundo

Basso_Profundo New commenter

Many Thanks, Gail
    I am still not quite sure how the return of a ficility, removed in what can only be described as a ghastly error, can really be deemed an improvement - surely this is more a correction. However, I'm prepared to let that one go, since TSL are clearly above admitting when they have made a mistake.
    Thank you for taking the common-sense approach and listening to your readership. This is sincerely appreciated.
    Basso

15. Scifihel

Scifihel New commenter

Thank you!

16. jgx

jgx

I'm with supply slave; still not as easy as it used to be but a VAST improvement on the disaster that it was when first re-launched!

17. Hello javid2
    Can you give us a few more details about the kind of jobs you're looking for so we can replicate the specific issues you're having.
    Best wishes
    Gail

18. I'd have to agree with this - the click for "Thames Valley" has disappeared so I now have south east england, and then have to search each of the local authorities one by one, but the old level of Thames Valley was pretty much all I needed. Also - having just clicked "Wokingham" I am presented with a job in "Woking" .... do TES not know the difference, or is it the new system? So: better than the first "improvement", but still not as good as the original.

19. just wanted to say, I'm pleased it's all sorted. Thanks for listening.

20. To list all jobs, I have discovered that typing an asterix inside single quotes into the search box seems to bring them up. Then you can start filtering.
    I used to search all jobs by distance from my postcode - irrespective of school type / position / subject. I think I am getting the same info now, although I'm not really sure.

Oh - and another point - does anyone know how to get all jobs on one page (so we can scroll between them)? rather than having to click through & back?