1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The new normal... anything to add to this list of 20?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by red_observer, Aug 5, 2020.

1. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Staying reasonably close to home so as not to have to use public toilets, if they are even open again.
    Actually it's been solved for us as I bought a campervan just before lockdown and it's now my main mode of transport.

ACOYEAR8 likes this.
  2. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

The dust has yet to settle...I'd describe my particular new normal right now as ' confused'
    Going to the recycling tip requires a procedure that would be the envy of politburo bureaucrats in 60s Murmansk, yet cramming your Rs onto a beach, you can do with no problem at all.

jellycowfish and jubilee like this.
  3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I got my car MOTd last week - it didn't really have to be done but I decided to just do it.

People mustn't think that everything is "normal" again - it is far from it.

red_observer likes this.
  4. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

10 a side touch rugby...

5. peakster

peakster Star commenter

What about all the people who had minor (and major) operations cancelled.

I need an op on my knee - I have a ligament problem which will not heal itself. At times it is very painful and it is very uncomfortable when I drive a reasonable distance.

It may be years before I get this sorted.

red_observer likes this.
  6. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Never being on my own. I usually spend a lot of time on my own, and even though my son and husband are mostly on the top floor in their bedroom and study respectively, they're still in the house. One of the reasons I started cycling was to be on my own.

red_observer likes this.
  7. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I am keen to have a dermoid ovarian cyst removed. It was diagnosed during lockdown after a 40 minute MRI scan. I will find out on the 19th, or soon afterwards, if it has grown. I think they'll fast-track me if it has. I'm coming to terms with having foetal hair, skin, teeth, eyes and sweat glands inside me but I want it all removed a.s.a.p.

8. red_observer

This does worry me. Other illnesses, diseases and injuries seem to have been shelved for the moment?

9. jellycowfish

jellycowfish Occasional commenter

My sister is a surgeon. She is wringing her hands over the excess deaths in her hospital alone.

red_observer likes this.
  10. red_observer

My friend is a Doctor in the hospital and he has no doubt there will be a second wave probably around late November.